electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Electronics repairman's basic tool kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andjim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Electronics repairman's basic tool kit Reply with quote

Good day gentlemen and who knows ladies as well.
My wifes brother-in-law who lives in Cuba is an electronics repairman. He repairs most small household electric devices such as stoves, counter top heat elements, toasters, hairtdryers, radios etc etc for the state in a state run shop. Unfortunately for him he has no access nor is he able to purchase tools for the trade living in a communist country. Thats where I come in. I make an anual trip to Cuba every year to visit him as well as others in the family. I would like to bring him a basic tool kit to start and add to it as I return each year. For this years trip i have bought the following items: FYI I am not a repair person or have any electronics experience beyond turning the "on" switch on.
1-Digital Multimetre 5 functions 18 ranges.
2- Soldering iron 25W-120V
3- Screw driver set (precision) There are 185 pieces total.
4- 3 rolls of black electrician tape.
thats it for now. what else would be essential for a "starters" kit? Your input would be greatly appreciated as this kit would enable by brother in law to set up a small grey market shop and earn a little extra to buy the necesites of life we here in North America take for granted. thanks to all for your help.
Kiriakos-GR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basicly I do not understand of what a starter kit will a help a trained repair man ?

For soldering Iron he will need a 60W at list, for mixed use electrical/electronics.

An true good multimeter like those Agilent U1233A, it would be considered as great gift.
I bet that even in CUBA they do have no name cheap meters, the good ones is hard to find.
Add in you gift and one sellection or set of good pliers.

Naturaly an full size, modern, and safe multimeter comes for a price.
And the starting point is around the 200$.
You may take some ideas by looking in this website.
RihhanaNZ

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the kit with almost all needed things. It is the same thing for all. No matter whether you are beginner or expert.
hakantoz

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take some paper cutters, 12inch and 6 inch rulers, small size PCB veroboards. Also carry heat gun which is a handy tool that everyone should have. And lastly, take desktop magnifier with LED light.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия