electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV29F2U FLASHES TWICE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Sony KV29F2U FLASHES TWICE Reply with quote

Hello All,

My Sony TV screen goes blank soon as i switch it on then goes to standby then flashes twice.
Does anyone now the cause of this?? What component(s) need replacing?

Thanks in advance.

Jason
william chueng

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Sony KV2972U Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
Hello All,

My Sony TV screen goes blank soon as i switch it on then goes to standby then flashes twice.
Does anyone now the cause of this?? What component(s) need replacing?

Thanks in advance.

william
gary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 flashes on that model is over current protection, check to see if line output transistor is short circuit. if so replace it and check for dry joints on line drive tx, if line transistor fails again at switch on replace line output transformer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gary for your reply, would you know which component it is..I am ok replacing items with a soldering Iron but not so good at locating them.

Thanks in advance

Jason
gary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

line output transistor is Q802 mounted on a heatsink at the back of pcb, line output transformer is T803, line drive transformer is T804.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Part numbers Reply with quote

Hello,

Q802 has finaly benn replaced but still no joy.. Picture comes on for few seconds then goes into standby and flashes twice. Looking for the part numbers for the line output drive transformer (T804) and line output transformer (T803). Does anyone now what they are??

Thanks in advance.

Jason
gary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEFORE REPLACING LOPTX, REMOVE CRT BASE AND TURN SET ON, IF THE SET RUNS HAPPILY THE FAULT COULD BE THE CURRENT MONITORING RESISTOR IN THE PSU, I THINK IT IS R608 A 0.47R, ITS VALUE IS CRITICAL AND ONLY NEEDS RO RISE TO ABOUT 0.7R TO CAUSE THE FAULT YOU DESCRIBE, REPLACE IT DON'T MEASURE IT UNLESS METER IS VERY ACCURATE.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gary,

R608 has been replaced (0.47ohm) still goes into standby and flashes twice. When open circuit R608 the the TV seems to work normally, but i see no picture/sound. Short circuit R608 - fault returns.

Any way to bypass the protection??

Thanks in adavance.

Jason

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

Anything else i can try on this TV....seems so close to the problem.

The radio is not as entertaining..

Thanks in advance

Jason
jovino

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: i have a similar problem... Reply with quote

I have a Sony Triniatron, model KV-24FS100. The diagnostic light also blinks twice.

I could not locate any of the transistors mentioned in this thread (there are no circuits in the 800 range on the main circuitboard), so I tested all of the heat-sinked transistors and it looks like Q506 (D2634 / 2G3) located close to the H-Out section is testing kinda funny. Does this make sense?

I'm not the most adept at this stuff, so please excuse my ignorance. And thanks to y'all for this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия