electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha DVD-S2300MK2 Tray Won't Open
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smata67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Yamaha DVD-S2300MK2 Tray Won't Open Reply with quote

Not much to say. No error codes. Turn unit on, press open, and the tray operating motor in the traverse unit does not get power. I am going to trace back and see if there is a fuse on the motor, but I think the problem is more of logic than a failed fuse.
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=DVD-S2300MK2&kategoria=&kat2=all

Have at it.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replaced the traverse assembly (with tray drive and spindle motor) and laser from another unit and did not fix the problem. No fuse and looks like an ic drives the motor.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strictly working of my memory;---one of the better & rare SACD player you have there.
I used to work with those series on a daily basis. That specific Yamaha used a Panasonic mechanism which was famous (& a big money maker in it's time) for having spindle motor problem. It also drove the tray mech.
The biggest problem was due to the spindle motor brush arcing and it would either fail by itself &/or take out the driver with it. Panasonic changed the motor several times and the driver was also upgraded but it only bought you extra time.
Used to work on many, many of those units. It was rather rare to have a laser problem as you could use the built in diagnostics to check up on the laser diode condition. If you changed the motor and still has no drive, 9 out of ten times it would be the driver (surface mount BA5xx w/ tab --do not recall the actuall number). Is it even available?
Also, if you changed the traverse, you'd need to do the azimuth adjustment or else it would have tracking problems.(all shown in the manual).

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swapped the drive assemblies between the DVD-S2300MK2 and the Panasonic RP62, and the RP62 works fine, so there was nothing wrong with the one originally installed in the Yamaha. The IC you speak of- BA5823FM-E2- looks like it is the "Actuater Driver" leading to the optical pickup, but I think the problem is the control of the traverse (tray) drive motor, as it does not appear to be getting power at any time.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disregard above comment. Tracing back TRVS1 and TRVS2 from the motor, it goes through two IC (IC6- N5M4558M-D has measurement values), IC20 (MN103526EGA-looks like main chip, no measurement value), IC23 (SN74LV4053A PWR, has measurement values), IC22 (BA5823FM-E2- has measurement values). By "measurement value" I mean there is a value (dc voltage) on the schematic to check. I found some references on a polish site where BA5823 was identified as bad on a Panasonic SA-HT75. I will check these values against the schematic, though the ICs are probably beyond my ability to replace.
vtech

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have verified the mechanism to be functional in another unit, it is obviously external to the transport. The BA5832 IS the driver used for both motors --spindle AND travers(laser) drive motors. Like I mentioned earlier, it was number one failure item in that series.
Before getting too involved, it is best to know the basic operational sequence of that unit; Does the unit powers up and stay powered or it shuts down?
Now that you know it is NOT the driver IC, the first thing to check is for the power supply to the BA.. chip. There is a sequence of events within the transport that must be met before the tray will operate;
When powered up, the main micro must see the laser at home position(by means of SW2601-- page 62 of pdf) before there will be any command drive for the spin motor, hence the tray movement.
Try moving the laser from it's home position and then power up the unit; does the laser return to home position?
smata67

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unit turns on, welcome screen is displayed, tries to read, no disc come on display. Press open and close, no activity, tries to read again, no disc is displayed. No motor or laser activity during all of this.

The unit is beyond my ability to repair, if you are interested in it, let me know and you can have it for shipping fee. In nice shape cosmetically and has remote. My zip is 22308.
smata67

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I could not get myself to throw this nice unit out, so I am in the process of getting the BA5823 chip and plan to go in, replace it, and see what happens.
vtech

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the offer. I sure hate to see you throw the unit away too.
Certainly you could try the chip. Perhaps I misunderstood, did you say that you tried swapping JUST the mechanism part from the RP unit or the whole mechanism w/pcb? If you did not try the pcb(with the surface mount BA..IC). More than likely it will fix the unit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия