electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Problem with my electronic keyboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michoutim

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Problem with my electronic keyboard Reply with quote

Hello everyone !

I am new here. Thank you for the opportunity to belong to this forum.

I franckly am not sure whether this is the right place to ask a question, for a specific product, namely:
Electronic keyboard, brand WORLDE, model W680.

I have a funny problem: those days, when I switch it on, the LCD, although lit, remains blank, and I get no sound. It is only after -like this morning- 45 minutes or so that the screen displays data such as modes, which voice (piano or else).

I believe it is a rather good brand (and I took great care of it also, by the way).

I am not sure I even can open it to check the connection. My intuition is that it may have to do with the power supply, which is:
AC/DC adaptor
MODEL E 148-01SAA
input 240 V AC 50 Hz
output 12 V DC 850 mA

Funny the piano starts working well once the power supply is a bit hot.
Also before it starts working, the headspeakers make noise from time to time, similar to that of a helicopter (no I didn't put it on the helicopter voice mode !)

You, I just disconnected the power supply to be able to read the specs on it, then I switched it on again, now, after 4 minutes I see the creen, but I do not get the sound.

Any clue ?

Many thanks.

Best regards to you all...

Michou
vtech

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to get another power supply and try it. It would have to be 12volts and at least capable of 850 milliamp or more.
AND pay close attention to the polarity of the plug.
michoutim

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi VTech !

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I opened the beast today, and checked the solder joints. No apparent problem with that.

My husband removed the grey wide cables and put them back (sometimes it works marvel).

At the end it looks like it is a bad contact with the on/off switch (it is a FSD 600, XP 408 FDS from what I saw on the PCB, it has a white connector. I'll buy another one to replace the shaky switch, and we will see. Just now all is working fine. Fingers crossed !

That's why it is an on/off problem (the most frustrating of all problems).

I'll see how it goes, and I'll let you know.

Best regards and warm thanks !

Michèle

PS : Smileys are reluctant, today...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия