electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Rotel RSP 960 AX sound processor/pre-amplifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambitronic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Rotel RSP 960 AX sound processor/pre-amplifier Reply with quote

I bought this item 2nd hand many years ago and carefully stored it for all that time and I finally set it up recently. The right channel is extremely quiet and the manual advises depressing the reset button on the rear panel to restore the unit to factory settings.

Problem: my example was not fitted with the reset button. Any suggestions as to an alternative method of restoring this otherwise excellent product to its optimum again will be greatly received. Thanks in advance. Sad
Ambitronic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries, I've taken it to a repair shop; should be pretty straightforward
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need a tech manual, you can get a copy at Elektrotanya.com
Ambitronic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks but I've already got that manual and I haven't a clue how to navigate the document; electrical circuitry's a bit beyond me hence my swift recourse to repair shop
Ambitronic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will advise on details of success or otherwise in case others come across the same problem
Ambitronic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delivered to repair man who says it's a software/firmware fix or it's finished so I'll know in next 2-3 days once he's opened the unit up and had a look
Ambitronic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channel imbalance was in fact down to damaged speaker cable but nonetheless unit now back to factory condition following op amp replacement -£40GB which is very reasonable repair cost considering the high value of these pre-amp/processors when new - $600US in 1996 although they can be laughably cheap now - £46GB on eBay May 2013. Generally favourable reviews when used in either pre-amp or surround modes. Anyway the lesson here for the less technically able is to find yourself an experienced independent repair shop and bring that older good quality equipment back to life.
Ambitronic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for the past couple of days I've been using the unit to control a pair of Rotel RB-870 BX power amplifiers running in bridged mono mode. Sounds great. There appeared to be a slight problem initially with the balance drifting to the left channel from time to time but that seems to have stopped as the unit has been allowed to run for at least 10 hours and it's warmed up a little and so I hope that minor issue has now been resolved by that process although I realise that is hardly a technical remedy! We shall see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия