electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Please help ID component TFK517

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tux

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Please help ID component TFK517 Reply with quote

Hi all

Can anyone provide more info on a semiconductor with casing T220, 3 pin (looks like a power transistor/SCR etc) and marked as TFK517.

This belongs on a power supply and motor control board for a Bernina 1080 sewing machine.

I have the service manuals but of no use as they contain no electrical schematics and all they say is "Replace Board"

Much Obliged.
Pentode

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that the TFK517 is a Telefunken device, info on it appears to be a little shy.... usually a clue can be had by studying the circuit.

Sorry I can't be of more help,.

David
tux

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentode wrote:
All I can say is that the TFK517 is a Telefunken device, info on it appears to be a little shy.... usually a clue can be had by studying the circuit.

David

Thanks Pentode. Been searching the net for hours on this one but no go ... strange component this one Confused I'm almost sure it's an SCR.

Cheers.
The_AntiRAM

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tux wrote:
Pentode wrote:

David

Thanks Pentode. Been searching the net for hours on this one but no go ... strange component this one Confused I'm almost sure it's an SCR.

Cheers.

OR a TRIAC.
The_AntiRAM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

annvin wrote:
What's TRIAC? I have no idea about it. Could you please tell me something? Sad

Is an electronic component equivalent to two silicon-controlled rectifiers SCRs/thyristors joined in inverse parallel.

It results in a bidirectional electronic switch which can conduct current in either direction when it is triggered (turned on) and thus doesn't have any polarity.

Gate trigger electrode is common to this configuration.

A common Triac is a: BTA 06-600A (ST) very frequently used in light dimmers or, with appropriately developed circuitry, as a motor speed variator / control.
max78

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: try TE13005 instead of TFK517 Reply with quote

the second label on that part is more important - 130 05
It's a NPN Power Transistor - e.g. TE13005

I found it here: bg-electronics.de/shop/product_info.php/products_id/1738 ..and have used it for a Bernina 1090 sewing machine - it worked Smile

best wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия