electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Request: service manual for Infinity SSW-210 (subwoofer)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vettenfun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Request: service manual for Infinity SSW-210 (subwoofer) Reply with quote

Hi all,
My Infinity subwoofer SSW-210 is dead. It powers on, but does nothing. I think there is problem(s) in the amp. All helps are appreciated. A service manual for this mondel is what I really need in order to troubleshoot and fix it. Thanks in advance.
CQNoAudio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Infinity SSW 210 has no audio output Reply with quote

Question Has anyone found a Service Manual for the Infinity SSW-210 or better yet what component corrects the no output problem? A schematic could help if I can't get the Service Manual. I've tried both the low level and high level inputs but hear nothing at all from the speakers. I do hear a strong thump from the speakers when powering the unit off. This could be an indication that at least the output circuit if functioning.
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Infinity SSW 210 has no audio output Reply with quote

CQNoAudio wrote:
Question Has anyone found a Service Manual for the Infinity SSW-210 or better yet what component corrects the no output problem? A schematic could help if I can't get the Service Manual. I've tried both the low level and high level inputs but hear nothing at all from the speakers. I do hear a strong thump from the speakers when powering the unit off. This could be an indication that at least the output circuit if functioning.

Circa 1992..Indeed a nice unit....

Suggest registering and posting back
What are your voltages around the output STK IC (IC3)?
I think I do have a print somewhere in my files.
CQNoAudio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Infinity SSW 210 has no audio output Reply with quote

Actually I haven't started measuring any voltages. I'm not sure which pins on the IC are the output pins. I guess I could get the part number off the IC and get the specs on it.
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STK4050 used as a servo amp.
CQNoAudio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Infinity SSW 210 has no audio output Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes ordered a STK4050V today from Newark - hard to find part and still no schematic. thanks for the part number which I also determined after removing the heatsink. I'm really not looking forward to replacing the 18 pin IC
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that you have already ordered it but I thought you were going to do some measurements first. STK series amps can and do fail but you should always do some voltage readings.

Last edited by vtech on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
drmanny3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Infinity Kappa ssw210 subwoofer Reply with quote

vtech, Hi, way back in 2006 I found a post where someone asked you for help in determining why their sub was not putting out sound. You suggested that they do some measurements. They went ahead and purchased the IC amp. I noticed that you provided them with the schematics of the amp. What else do you have on this unit? I have the owners manual that doesn't even give the specs. I would love to get my hands on more technical information. I have the ssw210 and will be getting the ssw212 today (used of course)
Regards,
Manny
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your PM
wolfsongaudio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech, Any chance you still have that data on the SSw 210 amp? Mine just up and stopped making sound. Pulled the amp and can not see any visible issues. I did replace the filter caps about 2 years ago and it ran fine after that for the last 2 years. Any help would be great.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия