electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Repair ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 MB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senderj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Repair ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 MB Reply with quote

I've been using this MB for >2 years now, until yesterday it suddenly stop booting. It is in fact still under warranty (3 yrs) but unfortunately the local dealer sold the business to the other company who is not willing to take care of it. I hope somebody can enlighten me how I can repair it myself.

When it boot, there is no beep sound at all. The 2-digit diagnostic code is totally off. Chasis fan not turning. But CPU fan is working and LAN port LED is on. Display card fan is on but no signal to the monitor. Checked the voltage of the ATX power socket from the PSU, all pins are normal. One thing may be related. I used to have the BIOS set to "stay power off when power resume" (i.e. to boot, I need to turn on the switch on PSU and then press the PC power button). I recently changed the BIOS to "power on when power supply resume". I suspect that something wrong with the 3.3V or 5V supply of the MB. Please help

(I am not engineer trained but I do know how to use a multimeter and soldering. I can read schematics and assembly amplifier but I don't fully understand how the circuit works. Please guide me to troubleshoot the MB).
ed1808

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personaly i would enter bios and set to default then press f10 save and reboot to see if this cures your problem

if not i would clear the cmos via the jumper and battery remove but this will entail you setting up the date and time again

there will be a user manual via the website which will tell you how to do this also

if the board is still under garantee then ring the manufacturer and tell them where and when you braught it because the retailer normally only has to garantee for the first year

hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия