electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic VCR Message F04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Links
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Del Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Panasonic VCR Message F04 Reply with quote

Hi,
I have an old Panasonic VCR model NV HS900. The video tape became unwound and twisted inside the mechanism and I have now managed to retrieve the broken tape. However, every time I switch on the machine I get a message number F04, and I cannot put a new tape into the machine. Any ideas on how to rectify this problem would be most welcomed.
many thanks.
Del Boy.
IcarosSW

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I have the same machine and a wary similar problem!
After a lot of struggling I been able to retrieve the tape (without destroying it Very Happy ), I get the same error message F04.
When I now trying to load a new tape (with a chilli feelings on my spine) it loads the tape (dragging the cassette down, brings out the tape around the video head) but at this stage I hear a strange noise (sounds as the capstan motor spins free, without any tape movement) and after 5 seconds it ejects the tape in the proper manner.

Anyone have any idée’s about the reason for this?
And when I uncover the inside of the player everything stops, I guess this is because there is a safetyswitch some ware, anyone who knows how to disconnect this?
sparky

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Panasonic VCR Message F04 Reply with quote

First of all with the cover removed the start/end sensors may be picking up artificial light upsetting the mechanism rather than a safety switch.
I think this vcr contains the K Mechanism and if so it may just be an idea to obtain and fit a k mechanism service kit but confirm this is the correct mechanism and this can be done by downloading the k mechanism from this site and comparing.
Alternatively check the belts and clean the mode switch and check the loading motor coupler as this is the most troublesome part on this deck.
To do this follow the instructions for removal of the loading motor. When the motor has been removed you will see that it has a worm gear on it and if you remove the worm gear it has a small plastic coupler that the motor uses between the motor spindle and the worm gear. This coupler will have split hence the motor would have been just spinning without actually driving the worm gear or will operate sometimes. Replace this coupler or glue it and reassemble.
Incidentally the fault codes for a faulty loading motor vary with codes F03,F04 or F06 as shown below.

MEANING OF FAULT CODES
0 = NO FAULTS
1 = DRUM MOTOR STOPPED
2 = TAPE REEL STOPPED
3 = MECH STOPPED DURING LOADING TO DRUM
4 = MECH STOPPED DURING UNLOADING FROM DRUM
5 = CAPSTAN ROTATION FAULT
6 = MECHANISM STOPPED DURING TAPE-IN OR EJECT
IcarosSW

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Service-kit and manual Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for the replay!

You are probably right regarding the “safety switch” (strange product to have a safety switch Cool )
And I believe you are on the right track for the second problem to, as it seems as the rubber wheel (which is going to press the tape against the capstan) are newer lowered from its off position (up).

You advice me to download the “K Mechanism” manual/service manual/(?) to compare it so it will be the right one, cant find it, can you pls. provide a link or some other hint?
And do you know if/from who, the service kit are purchasable on the net.

With best regards
Joakim

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Panasonic VCR Message F04 Reply with quote

Hi!
The link is below.
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/9064/Panasonic_K-Mech.html
I checked and it appears the HS900 is the K deck.
3 kits are available. A basic one Panasonic part no. VUA4131KIT and contains:
Cleaner arm unit no. VXL2440.
Pinch arm unit no. VXL2246.
Mode switch no. VSS0365.
Loading motor coupler no. VDP1434.
Main lever unit no. VXL2307.
Two Washers no. VMX2208.

The other kit Panasonic part no. VUA4128KIT contains the same as above but also contains:
P5 Arm unit no. VXL2306.
Gear no. VDG0871.
Main cam gear no. VDG0913.
Worm wheel gear no. VDG0868.
Worm gear no. VDG0866.
Three washers no. VMX2208.

The price of the 2nd one above was about £20 trade from Panasonic but could also obtain from SEME in the U.K although you may need an account and sure others will stock them although with current replacement vcr costs it may be a bit more difficult.
Incidentally the Loading motor complete with coupler attached is Panasonic part no. VXM0427 and was about £10.
The 3rd kit is the same as above and includes video heads (too expensive) and never purchased.
If you are in the U.K and have difficulty obtaining P.M and may be able to assist further as I am nolonger in the t.v trade I still have many spares.
You can never really get away from it and still keep my hand in.
hnoor0044

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the motor has been removed you will see that it has a worm gear on it and if you remove the worm gear it has a small plastic coupler that the motor uses between the motor spindle and the worm gear. This coupler will have split hence the motor would have been just spinning without actually driving the worm gear or will operate sometimes. Replace this coupler or glue it and reassemble.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Panasonic NV-HS950 ejecting tape immediately Reply with quote

Thank you for the tip about the optical sensor.

I had the lid off extracting a tape and it all went wrong when I was testing. With a part wound tape the machine rewound then refused to do anything. After ejecting the rewound tape it just kept ejecting it.

I put the lid back on and it's all systems go.
An$ar!01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other kit Panasonic part no. VUA4128KIT contains the same as above but also contains:
P5 Arm unit no. VXL2306.
Gear no. VDG0871.
Main cam gear no. VDG0913.
Worm wheel gear no. VDG0868.
Worm gear no. VDG0866.
Three washers no. VMX2208.???
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Links All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ