electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Need Replacement Drive Belt For Cassette Deck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davy49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Need Replacement Drive Belt For Cassette Deck Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an old Sears 'Proformance' Model # 562.93300350 Cassette Deck that I'm trying to get working again. There are two belt's inside the unit. One is what I call the main drive belt..it's approx.1/4" wide x 1/16" thick..but I haven't removed it yet,so I don't know the length, then there's another smaller belt that comes off a pulley that goes over and drives the tape counter. I've contacted sears parts direct..but to be honest, they don't seem to have a clue about what I'm needing. On their online diagram, it doesn't even show the 'main' drive belt. I wish someone could help me locate one so I could repair my deck and enjoy my tape's again. On the back of the unit, it states ' Made In Japan'..and as we all know, Sears doesn't make ANYTHING !

Thanks,

David
Confused
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/Lxi-Audio-equipment-Parts/46-39861-3/0057/528/Model-56293300350/3028/0311500.html
Davy49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jts1957,
Thanks for your reply, my deck has two belt's, one that operates the tape dive post's (they rotate to perform various function's..play,fast forward,rewind) and a different belt that operates the tape counter. The belt that's shown on searspartsdirect site is the one for the tape counter.
Thanks,
David Smile
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The discrepancy arises between what Sears Parts Direct identify as 'Main' and what you are calling 'main.'

Flat belt is probably a Capstan belt and the square ('Main') belt would be the counter belt.

Once they have been removed and ACCURATELY measured, there are still many sites that sell flat and square drive belts. Your basic problems then are availability of 'correct' sizes (realize that your belts are quite likely stretched, and that at this late date, what's left in a sites' inventory is a shadow of what they probably carried in the past). You may have to get one that is smaller/thinner or thicker and narrower or wider than the original.
Also, many sites are charging outrageously inflated prices. In the hay day of generic belts, price range was 25 cents for the smallest up to 3 or 4 dollars for the largest.
Davy49

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear jts1957,
That makes perfect sense to me, I've contacted sears via a message type board that's on the searspartsdirect website..hopefully they might be able to offer further assistance. Thanks so much for trying to help me..have a GREAT day !!
David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия