electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Zenith that only sometimes turns on, looking for troubleshoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
busted Zenith

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Zenith that only sometimes turns on, looking for troubleshoo Reply with quote

I've got an old Zenith Digital System 3 that's not working right. If I turn it on, the sound starts up right away, but no picture comes on. If it is left on, eventually the picture may come on, when it does, it's normal, but often it will just come on for a minute then go off again.

I've opened it up and cleaned out the dust, I've got plenty of experience in testing boards and components, but I've really never done anything with TVs so I'm not sure where to start. There are a number of labeled modules I could pull and test, but I was hoping to get a suggesting of where I should start.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be bad solder joints. Look carefully at the larger components and wiggle them slightly while observing the soldered surface. Start with the CRT board (on the back of the tube) but beware of the high voltage.

Let us know how you went. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a rear projection TV, and since none of the 3 tubes are lit, I'm guessing the problem lies somewhere further up the line.

It's actually well set up for service, everything is well labeled and modular, if I had some idea of which board was most likely to be causing this type of failure I know enough to test the components and fix it, my problem is that there are near a dozen boards, I really need some idea of where to start looking. If I can find out what part of the system is a likely culprit in this type of failure, I think I can find and fix the faulty component.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets start by giving us a modle number.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, the model number is PV4661H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия