electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
tech tip rca tv itc008fam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joseph46

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: tech tip rca tv itc008fam Reply with quote

need tech tip on rca tv model 27r410t chassis itc008fam. won't power up. voltage drop on secondary side of switchet mode when power button is pressed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 27r410t will power up for a breif second then it flickers a few times and shuts off no access to menu or anything any ideas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
my 27r410t will power up for a breif second then it flickers a few times and shuts off no access to menu or anything any ideas
Sad
WvChamp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: RCA 27R410T Chassis ITC008FAM Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem on exact same model.....Anyone have any ideas? Please

PS. < Not a tech.
WvChamp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: RCA 27R410T Chassis ITC008FAM Reply with quote

Actually mine doesn't even come up at all now. No flickers, no nothing. It does however have a humming noise...(kinda like a small slot car electic motor running). Only way the humming quits is to unplug the set.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a bad CRT. Have you tried uplugging CRT board? If power remains on, there's your problem. Unfortunately, the part cost likely exceeds the value of the set.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have same problem..its not a crt either..thats BS,
the switch mode transformer on this one, make a erratic noise.
but after a few min it will power up.. i belive its a bad cap somewhere in the primary sw. circuit,, just cannot pin point it yet..
i will share more clues as i get them,,
so far i found...when plugging the set up, i will get like 105VDC on B+
at this time the B+ is erratic,,but will settle down..and then i will turn it on,,the set starts to get erratic again..little buzzing , then squeeling.. not the normal tweak sound you hear when powering it up..and way , if i unplugg it,,then plug it back in..the set will start up normally.
so so far i checked for bad solider which RCA is famous for,,and this was not the cure. so now i am thinking bad cap somewhere in primary sw. circuit,,or a flaky/leeky semiconductor.. but i know its definatly in the primary..
[email protected]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Same 27R410T Problem Reply with quote

I am having the same problem on the same RCA model 27R410T. It worked fine until this morning. We turned it on, it flickered then it went black. No picture and no sound except the buzzing sound from the main PCB. The buzzing only stops if it is unplugged.

I'm not a TV tech but I know a little electronics. I have a VOM, a soldering iron and a copy of the Main PCB schematic from www.eserviceinfo.com.

Any help on what to test would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a shorted horz.output transistor and or flyback

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: tech tip rca tv itc008fam Reply with quote

joseph46 wrote:
need tech tip on rca tv model 27r410t chassis itc008fam. won't power up. voltage drop on secondary side of switchet mode when power button is pressed.
hi joe what is the voltage on the eeprom, should read 5 volts on one and nothing on the other,.now if you have that 5 volts, then, check and replace the regulater,and or the horizonal out put, chech the drive transformer too, if you need further assistants contact me at, [email protected] the name is carl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия