electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Technics SA-EX400 AV Control Receiver Problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ivistar

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Technics SA-EX400 AV Control Receiver Problem. Reply with quote

Need some help with this amp please, maybe someone can put me in the right direction. The amp just stopped working, no funny smell, no noise just stopped working. The unit lights up as if it is working but no sound coming out of any of the speaker outputs. The one thing I did notice is that when I used to turn the unit on, a relay would click right away and then about 5 seconds later another relay click would occur and then the unit would have speaker output but now the first click still happens but the second click does not. I think whatever relay stopped clicking could be the problem or whatever activates this relay could also be defective. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated ,Thanks in Advance!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second relay would be the speaker relay. This comes on when the Amp is healthy and stabilized. There is usually a protection chip that monitors the health of the Amp. Are your speaker cables shorted? Did you play it too loud? Did it get too hot? Unplug the speakers and try it again. Check the powersupply to the protection chip, check the output transistors/IC.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any luck getting this fixed?
I'm having the same problem.
Turns on fine and everything lights up, just no sound.
I didn't play it too loud and the speaker cables work fine when hooked to another receiver.
Possibly it got to hot, but not sure. It's had plenty of time to cool, unless it melted something.
I took the top off and everything looks fine.
Not sure where the protection chip is or where to look next.
Any ideas?
t2thedill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Similar issue Reply with quote

I have a similar issue. Was wired to TV watching a movie, phone rang, and I muted the receiver. The wife comes along after me and attempts to turn the volume up not knowing it is muted. She turns it all the way up for a spell. I re-enter the scene and tell her it is muted, lower the vol. and unmute. Now it powers up and the relay clicks over sound comes out for a minute or two and then speaker relay deenergizes...no sound. what do ya think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия