electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
sonycdx M600 car stereo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naplestravman

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: sonycdx M600 car stereo Reply with quote

I purchased my cd player and had it installed. now i moved it from one car to another. it is hooked up correctly but i cannot get it to come on or light up in any way. i did hear the cd reset when i hooked up the last wire. is there is a code of some kind to turn it on when re-installing? short of buyiing a new radio, can someone please help me? it is a unit purchased in feb of 01. please help....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: sonycdx M600 car stereo Reply with quote

The first thing you did wrong was to leave the car battery hooked up while connecting wires, this can cause many problems with your cd player,
Do this first find a 12v source external from the car itself, a 12v Maybe 2A power source and connect it to the CD's power sourse usually Red and black and if it has memory the yellow goes to red also. If this is a trunk unit recheck your connections, If it is a Dash unit Open the unit up and check the internal fuse near the harness Power connector inside the Unit it may of blown when you connected the unit with power still present,

This may of caused the unit to short itself out, and if so then This maybe a good lesson to you in the future to always disconnect the primary source of power when attempting to work on or replace a unit in any situation....You may have to replace the unit, but if you just brought it take it back to where you brought it and tell them the unit failed. The warranty may give you a new one, But don't tell them you changed it from one car to another as this may void your warranty. Just tell them it stopped in your car and you checked it out with another..

Hope this helps you
[email protected]
Schoolloans

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a CDX M8800...just crapped out.

The face plate is totally blacked out and it only works by remote (and even then, only sometimes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия