electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
individual control over each RGB LED in a 13x13 layout (169

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makiyoung

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: individual control over each RGB LED in a 13x13 layout (169 Reply with quote

I want to build a word clock. (qlocktwo style). I've come a long way in the past week or two. At first, i was looking for some guide to hold my hand through every step of the way... now, i'm thinking of all kinds of cool features i can add to it.

I'm still a n00b and i'm learning. I'll be using an Arduino Uno R3. I'd like to pick this chip (or something better?) to drive the LEDs in my project, buy them, and screw around with them for a while before i start designing/prototyping my final build.

I believe that i can use a few TLC5940's to be the primary drivers of the operation (not sure how many - saw a 10 pack for $20, was going to go with that). It is my understanding that these can handle pwm and that they can therefore be useful with RGB LEDs. I'm thinking my clock will be about 13 x 13 - With one RGB LED in each spot. (169 total). Instead of having the letters in each individual word linked together, i'd like to be able to control each letter individually. I'd also like to be able to change colors of different letters depending on when/how they are used (for example, lighting up different-colored hidden messages from letters that are also used in other words)

Is the [/url=http://www.componentschip.com/details/Texas-Instruments/TLC5940NT.html]TLC5940[url] the chip for me? How many of them would i need? Also, am i correct that i would need common ANODE RGB LEDs?

Am i missing something obvious that would prevent me from doing this? Could this all be powered by the Arduino? I'm about to pull the trigger on a sack of LEDs and 10 TLC5940 so i can start learing about them...
[/url]

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject: helpfull Reply with quote

Ahh that is great thank you ! Good for special needs too !
dcointrade0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:26 am    Post subject: And interested friends can also go and see them. Reply with quote

And interested friends can also go and see them.
His masterpieces "Princess Diaries", "Les Miserables" and "Interns" are all very good movies, and interested friends can also go and see them.
This film tells the story of a female college student who has just left school and entered a top fashion magazine as an assistant to the editor-in-chief. From the confusion of entering the workplace to finding the root of the problem from herself, she finally became an excellent workplace and fashion magazine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия