electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Audio but no Video on Philips projection tv model 8p4834c102

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdub

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Audio but no Video on Philips projection tv model 8p4834c102 Reply with quote

My tv was working fine the other night but the next day when I turned it on, I had audio but no video. I can't access the menu's or anything. It's just blackness. I removed the back cover and none of the fillaments have any type of glow to them. Someone told me it might be a bad deflector board. Anyone got any ideas? It's a Philips Magnavox projection tv 48" 8p4834c102. It's 7 yrs. old.
thetechman007

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio but no Video on Philips projection tv model 8p4834 Reply with quote

Hey There, I will try to give you a hand, If There is no filament or heater as they call it, check the heater b+ voltage if its a newer set then this voltage will be between 5.7V to 6.5v DC. There may be a seprate power supply for the heater voltage on the deflection board. Look for open resistors in the deflection area, Sometimes this voltage is tapped from the flyback transformer threw a resistor and a diode, the resistor maybe open could be from 1.2 to 10ohms in resistance. One more thing take off the front cover to access the screen controls and slowly turn only one of them up and see if you have any screen voltage or measure the screen voltage from the deflection board should be about 200v is this is missing look for a open fusible resistor in that line.

When you turn up the screens no to much mind you, look down in tube you are turning up and see if there is a line or bow effect, if so check the vertical circuit, for no deflection as a failed vertical circuit will also blank the video to protect the tubes from burn in.

Hope this helps you with your [email protected]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio but no Video on Philips projection tv model 8p4834 Reply with quote

thetechman007 wrote:
Hey There, I will try to give you a hand, If There is no filament or heater as they call it, check the heater b+ voltage if its a newer set then this voltage will be between 5.7V to 6.5v DC. There may be a seprate power supply for the heater voltage on the deflection board. Look for open resistors in the deflection area, Sometimes this voltage is tapped from the flyback transformer threw a resistor and a diode, the resistor maybe open could be from 1.2 to 10ohms in resistance. One more thing take off the front cover to access the screen controls and slowly turn only one of them up and see if you have any screen voltage or measure the screen voltage from the deflection board should be about 200v is this is missing look for a open fusible resistor in that line.

When you turn up the screens no to much mind you, look down in tube you are turning up and see if there is a line or bow effect, if so check the vertical circuit, for no deflection as a failed vertical circuit will also blank the video to protect the tubes from burn in.

Hope this helps you with your problem ([email protected])
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия