electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
SONYTV MDL: KP-53V45 Picture Blinks Every Sec Sound Good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PCNerve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: SONYTV MDL: KP-53V45 Picture Blinks Every Sec Sound Good Reply with quote

SONY TV MODEL#: KP-53V45
POWER: 120V 60 Hz 175W
COLOR REAR VIDEO PROJECTOR
S/N: 9000230
MFG DATE: JUNE 1997
FAULT:
~~~~~~
When turn ON, picture comes in 3 to 5 seconds & goes off in 1 second- absolutely blank screen and keeps on repeating the same thing, while sound is excellent.

Troubleshooting Done:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Suspecting Dry Soldering at the back of Electronic Gun - a cathod like glass tube which has 7-8 contacts in a circuit plate that plugs-in & out.

My Tv is a rear projection TV which has 3 projection lenses representing Red Green & Blue (RGB) technology. So there are 3 elctronic guns.

I have resoldered all 7-8 contacts in all 3 electronic guns, also some more joits have been resoldered, but no success. Still TV picture is playing hide & seek game - it come & goes, comes & goes, but the sound is good.

Any help will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

With Regards,
Webfly
webfly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.. team... seems like no one has the answer for my problem.
But any how, I had to fix my issue, I tried it.

After reading other posts in the similar threads in the forum, I have found a panel in front, that controls the power for 3 heaters (electronic guns mentioned earlier). There were 3 screws you can twist with a screw driver clock-wise to increase or anti-clock-wise to decrease the voltage to 3 heaters, Red, Green & Blue one for each. Wow ! magic happened! the moment I twisted the picture appared and with a few adjustments, I can fully see the picture. After that I was able to bring up the menu, & I ran the "Auto Configuration"- that brought an option to "Do you want to run Convergance" and i opted "YES". I was able to adjust sharpness and alignment of RED, BLUE colors and picture & sound everything is funtastic.

During twisting the screws & regulating the voltage, there was chirping sound a couple of time near one of the heater plates of somewhere I could not find out. But it was like bursting smaal resistance or something. The picture was perfect up to that time... no problem at all.

But in the morning, when I again, turned ON the TV, I can see the picture but RED, BLUE colour adjustment was out & blurry. Again ran the auto setup & fixed the color problem.. pictre is clear & sharp... But now FROM THE BOTTOM SCREEN APPX 5" ABOVE, PICTURE IS TURNING LIKE A CURVE, & SLIGHTLY FROM THE TOP SCREEN. While in the middle of the screen picture is perfect.

Any help will be greate... thank..
Webfly
webfly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT SEEM LIKE NO TECHNICIAN IS INTERESTED TO GIVE ANY RESPONSE.. SEEMS LIKE NO BODY IS READING THE FORUM EXCEPT ME.... PLEASE GUYS... BREAK THE SILENCE.. EVEN GIVE ME WORNG ADVICE WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE..

Yes, one thing, iread other forums and found that I am describing the problem wrongly. My TV problem is the picture is bowing from bottom & top - bttom is more than top.. BOWing EFFECT.. otherwise tv is running. yes after some time, colours again disturbed & convergance goes bad.

Regards,

Webfly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия