electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
sony trinitron, falt screen 32inch,where does this cable go?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: sony trinitron, falt screen 32inch,where does this cable go? Reply with quote

I got a TV for free, it is brand new, but the screen does not work. I opened it up, and observe one cable was disconnected, however i have no idea where it goes.

Anyone got a clue?
it is this white wire that seems to be coming from the coil.

http://s90263782.onlinehome.us/chem/IMG_1485.JPG

i figure it attaches in one of these boards somewhere

http://s90263782.onlinehome.us/chem/IMG_1482.JPG

Anyone know?
StarBaseONE2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: I carefully looked at the picture you posted... Reply with quote

I must be blind... I see the CRT board. I don't see any white cabling that is loose. I may can be of help to you with more information. But maybe this will help. On many sets a removable plug is usually labeled with a number or a letter then a number, matching the number up with an empty plug with the same number (sometimes I've noticed that the preceeding letter may change). Many times just matching it up with a plug of like construction that it will fit into on the board is good enough as the manufacturers tend to make these things (idiot proof) where they will only fit at one spot (however I would chase down the number method first) as many sets do indeed have a spot where many plugs could interchange... and if your luck is similar to mine then you would wish you had spent that extra time on the number method!
Good luck
Atom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: sony trinitron, falt screen 32inch,where does this cable Reply with quote

CheM wrote:
I got a TV for free, it is brand new, but the screen does not work. I opened it up, and observe one cable was disconnected, however i have no idea where it goes.

Anyone got a clue?
it is this white wire that seems to be coming from the coil.

http://s90263782.onlinehome.us/chem/IMG_1485.JPG

i figure it attaches in one of these boards somewhere

http://s90263782.onlinehome.us/chem/IMG_1482.JPG

Anyone know?

I see that the HV anode wire and the focus voltage wire are going where they are supposed to so, it's probably a crt board ground. Just clip lead it to the dag of the crt and see if you get a pic. If not, and by the sounds of your symptom description, I would forget about trying to fix it yourself and bring it to a shop that will give you an estimate for a reasonable price. (less than $40.00 for an estimate is not unreasonable) Keep in mind that they may want a hefty price to fix it so, you may loose that $40.00 if you decide to not go ahead with the repair, and still have a dead set. Different shops have different policies, but a shop charging an estimate fee is not uncommon, and actually a wise business practice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this wire plugs onto the CRT board on the back of the tube?
Mel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Sony Reply with quote

A model number would help to be more specific. The wire appears to be coming from the flyback transformer which would indicate that it is either the focus or screen voltage. It is more likely to be the screen voltage because that would cause you to have no raster while the focus voltage would probably omly lead to an out-of-focus condition. I believe that there is screen adjustment pot on the CRT board that controls the voltage going the pin 7 of the CRT. There should be a blank pin close to that pot which would match the configuration of the lose plug.
Atom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, right, it's likely to be the screen voltage wire. It's either that or a crt board ground. If you ground it to the dag and the set goes into shut down (this won't damage anything), then it's the screen voltage to the screen pot on the crt board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия