electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
left mouse key on IBM laptop X20 has no "spring" l

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boodyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: left mouse key on IBM laptop X20 has no "spring" l Reply with quote

I bought a used X20 IBM notebook and the left mouse button has been used so much (I guess) that it hardly retruns up after pushing it. Gives a very tentative feel when typing. Can the chicklet button just be popped off and a spring replaced or do I need a whole new keyboard? Thanks in advance.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what you mean by the 'left mouse button'. Usually the mouse click buttons are separate from the keyboard. Usually the 'spring' is just the plastic, that the button is made from. Maybe there is a secondhand laptop shop in your area that has parts?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the "left click" button is seperate from the rest of the keyboard...I guess I am wordering if there is any way to order a replacement part short of having the entire keyboard replaced? In other words...is it "user serviceable"?? Thx for your reply! Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be a separate plastic button, if you are comfortable with dis-assembling a laptop it should be easy enough, but time consuming.
keep the screws in order, use the correct screwdriver and don't force anything. If you have a digital camera and are unsure, take many photo's as you take it apart.
Superglue may even give your old button an extended life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия