electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
compaq evo n600c power jack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: compaq evo n600c power jack Reply with quote

I've downloaded and looked at a manual for the Compaq Evo N600c, but there is nothing in there about replacing the power jack. Can anybody help me here - I'm hesitant to just open up the system and start poking about before I know how to properly replace the power jack. Can anyone give instructions please? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by the 'power jack'?
mdm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: compaq evo n600c power jack Reply with quote

power jack, on the back of the laptop where the power cord plugs in. I already have the part, just don't know how to replace the old one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An older Compaq I dis-assembled had the power socket as part of the power supply. To remove the supply was just a matter of taking all of the screws out and dis-assembling the laptop. The power supply was harder to dis-assemble and required desoldering. Keep the screws in order and take special note of any that are longer or shorter.
The new socket may require soldering.

Let us know how you go. Smile
mdm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: compaq evo n600c power jack Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it goes - I have to get my hands on a soldering iron, and will probably get it done in the next couple of days. Cheers!
mdm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: compaq evo n600c power jack Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Turns out that I have the wrong part! I have to re-order and try again. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll post again when I do get the thing fixed!
skijump

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you open up the laptop, you will find that power jack (DC socket) is situated at the back end of the board. This is held in place by 3 solder joints going directly through the board to the underside. De-solder very carefully these 3 points, using a suitable electronics soldering iron and a solder sucking pump. Clean the holes and area well and then offer up the connector jack to the board. You may have to heat up slightly from behind on the underside of the board to allow the new pins to pass through the board. Gently apply a small dab of solder to each of the 3 pins on each side of the board and then re-assemble

job should be a good un after that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия