electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Proscan tv Ps35123-horizontal line only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
albert917

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Proscan tv Ps35123-horizontal line only Reply with quote

My tv set has sound but with only horizontal line about an inch thick on the middle of the screen.The line is a actually a moving picture that has been squezzed to the point that it became 1 inch in witdh.This is Proscan model #PS35123.Am good in soldering/desoldering elecronic parts.Any part that needs to be replace,please kindly let me know.
fongs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Most probably the vert IC is bad or no contact. Try resoldering it if not replace...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just take it to a pro?It sounds like you dont work often on electronic units.
albert917

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Cad cap Reply with quote

I found a burnt capacitor labeled as C511K on the board.I removed it and check for ohms deflection-nothing.Both sides have small swollen bumps.One of the solder joints charcoal dried and has small burn marks on board.Now the question is where to find replacement or substitute part for this.It says M I.54J250 and 9543 on it.And yes im not tv electronics expert but I just built 3 home computers and fixed a couple of tv sets around the house. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is an electrolytic it should read something briefly. If you can get a service manual, the parts listing should tell you what it is. If you phone the manufacturer they will know.
Maybe Millitary Spec 54nF 5% 250V, or maybe not. What fault caused the capacitor to be damaged?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is an electrolytic it should read something briefly. If you can get a service manual, the parts listing should tell you what it is. If you phone the manufacturer they will know.
Maybe Millitary Spec 54nF 5% 250V, or maybe not. What fault caused the capacitor to be damaged?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

albert917

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello..I was watching tv and all of a sudden the screen went dark and only horizontal line was visible.I went to the library the other day to search for sam's photofacts for my specific model but they were no longer available.i was told that majority of public libraries no longer keep these reference manuals.anyway,the part that i removed is lite blue in color w/ 2 terminals w/ no +- designation( i think its non electrolytic ),rectangular square about the size of a chocolate mint bar,4cmx3cmx2.25cm.thanks for the advice and more power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия