electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Help Needed PDP TV plasma tv. PDP-4201? Wont turn on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ11R

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Help Needed PDP TV plasma tv. PDP-4201? Wont turn on Reply with quote

I bought this from a friend recently as a project to fix and possibly sell on, the tv can be seen here
http://emket.en.ecplaza.net/3.asp

His descriptions of the fault as it occured taken from my e-mail:

This plasma currently does not turn on, just the RED LED light comes on when you plug it in.

Ok, the screen initially had a fault which seemed to create a bar code distortion in the picture running horizontally in three places. Two at the top and one at the bottom. Between 1 and 2 centimetres in height. I managed to solve this problem/interfearnace by adjusting the box at the back of the plasma that houses all of the plasmas connections.

This fault happened again so I ended up removing the rectangle box at the back of the plasma that held the connectors, this allowed them to hang free from any shorts that were happening. I found this to be fine as I never look at the back of the plasma and did not mind what state the connectors were in as long as they were safe.

This solved the problem for some time until a separate fault has killed the plasma altogether. First I got vertical lines every 2 cm along the screen and then a few days later it refused to turn on. The LCD still lights but nothing more.

I have had the back off the plasma and decided it was far to complex for me so abandoned it there

Any help would be much apprectiated as i cannot find any circuit diagrams, or any thing on the internet about this tv except the link above.
MODEL: PDP-4201
Serial:K107PTOP10JB7

I completed an electronics apprenticship a few years ago so i have some electronic experiance, but no with consumer products. Wink [/i]
AJ11R

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there any sites that can help me out with plasma tv electronics?
AJ11R

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so now i can get it to come on when i disconnect the PCB Controller board.
The tv will come on and all fans working etc.. But iv noticed while its been on for a short time (thought id give it a soak test) 2 Capacitors Daewoo 1000uF 160wV (m)105oC , the tops of these bulged up???

Any idea what they are doing, why etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия