electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Nec Plamsma 50mp1 video issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaydub

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Nec Plamsma 50mp1 video issue Reply with quote

have a NEC 50mp1 that powers up and the LED stays solid green but no menu or any video image.

Does anyone have any ideas? anything will help?
Lightlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Not sure if this will help: Reply with quote

If you have some electronic repair experience, start with some of the obvious possibilities:

1. Connection issues - e.g. cable hookup, menu setup, etc.

2. Inside the unit -
a. Look for loose connections, or poor solder joints around them - this was a problem for some Gateway models.
b. Bad solder connections - always an issue on electronics. Careful inspection of boards might turn up something.
c. Surface mounted "blob of plastic" chips - I had one reader on my site who purchased a dead NEC plasma - found a burn mark on one of the LSI modules - literally could see what looked like a pinhole on one of the chips (not replaceable chip type - "blobbed" onto the board).

(Please don't attempt any of this if you do not have repair experience - sorry, I'm just not a fan of DIY in electrical! Just too many hazards)

If it is a board, it can be hard to find replacements. I am trying to put together a compendium of Plasma and LCD repair sites on mine - if you have any suggestions other than what is already there, please drop me a line -

Regards,
gary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried the fix in this link? http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?p=18083
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия