electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC Troubles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vfpmonster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: JVC Troubles Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to this, but my family has a JVC AV27850 27" TV that we bought at Circuit City a while ago. A few months ago, it quit working. In the last few moments of it's life it had crunched the picture down to a horizontal 1" bar across the screen. The TV was turned off, but would not turn on and made a little zapping sound from within. Does anybody know what happened? Will it be fixable? Can I do it or should a pro fix it? Thanks for all your help!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same thing happend to me... any idea how much the TV weights (i am replacing mine with a new one but unsure if same stand will hold the new one)
fongs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Your TV is suffering from vertical collapse. Usually the fault is the vert. IC within the set.

U can attempt to repair by replacing this IC. Look for a standing IC mounted on a heat-sink. Some JVC sets use the TDA series IC.

**be careful of dangerous high voltages. This lethal voltage is present even when the TV is off!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия