electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
DSC-F707 or DSC-F717
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariuss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: DSC-F707 or DSC-F717 Reply with quote

I am looking for the service manual for Sony DSC F707 or DSC-F717. Please help,

marius
sharmila

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: DSC-F707 or DSC-F717 Reply with quote

mariuss wrote:
I am looking for the service manual for Sony DSC F707 or DSC-F717. Please help,

marius

We have this DSC-F707 & DSC-F717 Service manual for further information pl email me.

Best Regards,

Sharmila
[email protected]
Umberto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: ALL GRATIS Reply with quote

I have, I send gratis. Give me Your email addres.

Mr., I look for for the following objects:
Marantz mod. 2265 ……………………… User and service manual;

Superscope by Marantz mod. 1240 ……... User and service manual

Sony STR-V5 ……………………………….User and service manual

Aiwa C30 minipreamplifier………………….User and service manual

Aiwa P30 miniamplifier…………………….User and service manual

Denon DVD 3000 …………………………...User and service manual

Sony CDP- 911 ……………………………...User manual

Nakamichi BX-125E ………………………...Service manua

Beomaster 1900 ……………………………..User manual
[email protected]
mariuss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Umberto. I got the files (FREE OF CHARGE !!!)

Razz Razz Razz
peskydan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks Umberto!!! I too got the files - perfect high quality PDF files, completely free of charge.

I can't thank you enough Umberto.

Dan - A very happy bunny.
mariuss

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi peskydan,

What problems do you have with your DSC-F camera? Maybe we can exchange some ideas. Idea

marius
peskydan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mariuss,
I've had a 717 since they launched it back in 2001, and though it's a little tatty now, it's still going strong - I've taken nearly 20,000 pictures with it. I actually wanted to get cheap faulty 707 and 717 cameras so I could modify them for other purposes. I'd quite like to remove the lens and put an interchangeable lens mount in its place - the 2 micron photosites of the 717 would yield great telephoto results with say a 200 f2.8 lens fitted. To retain autofocus would require a microcontroller translate AF servo signals for the new mount, though it shouldn't be too difficult and I've started designing that.

Sony tend to heavily reuse most of their design principles - all their cameras (for a given era) pretty much use the same instruction set, same AF algorithms, same demosaicing algorithms, etc, and therefore this service manual will be very useful when working with those other cameras, e.g. the DSC-V1 which is heavily based on the 717, and the later F828 etc clearly inherit much of their technology from it. You can expect much of the system to be the same - probably no changes to the power distribution and voltage sensing circuitry, as infolithium is a well established and mature technology, and CCD readout in these cameras hasn't changed much in years.

What did you plan to use the info for? If you have a fault on your camera I might be able to suggest a few things.

All the best,
Dan
mariuss

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

My need for the manual is 100% to fix my camera. I have a 707 and I got it few weeks after the model was available on the market. My problem (hopefully the last one) is that the flash unit is not working anymore. I have checked the camera and discovered that a MAZT082H08S0 (2 zener diodes on BATT/STROBE CHARGER board) is fried. I removed it and now the camera is working with the battery again. Before doing this, I was unable to use the battery. The only problem now is that that circuit has no protection but I do not think that that is a crucial protection. I am focusing now on fixing the flash/strobe unit, for some reason is not working anymore and I could not even find the schematics for this board (1-476-952-11 FLASH UNIT). Probably is not fixable! I am still digging to find the solution for this. If you have any ideas let me know! Most likely, the defective flash unit has fried the protection on the BATT CHARGER board and I am afraid to try too many thinks without replacing MAZT082H08S0 first.

Marius
peskydan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mariuss,
If I understand you correctly, you removed the zener diodes and now the camera functions ok apart from flash? The zener diodes likely broke down and went short circuit. It is pretty important that you replace them - though I've not checked the service manual yet (printer problems) the most likely reason there would be zeners there is for clamping the back EMF from the flash induction circuit. The high voltage needed to ionise the gas in the lamp, is usually achieved with either a charge pump feeding a cap, or a small switched-mode supply / oscillator->xformer and rectifier. The zeners would be protecting the camera from reverse spikes that happen either in the switching charge circuit or as a result of the flash discharging. The part no. MAZT082H08S0 is almost certainly an 8.2v zener - is this connected across the main supply rail at the start of the strobe charger circuit? If it is then it probably protects the entire camera from surges so I would definitely replace it before any experiments! Is it a large 2 pin device or a SOT23 dual zener smt part? I think the 707 flash voltage is 300v but I'm not sure.

It might be a good idea to grab a camcorder battery charger off ebay that can charge NP-FM50 batteries as used in the 707/717.

Sorry about your flash - I'm really not sure what type of tube they used. I'm going to try reprinting my service manual and I'll let you know what I find (I hate viewing it on screen!)

Good luck,
Dan
mariuss

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

Those zener diodes are on the BATT_SIG (D401 on BT-006 BOARD) terminal on the BATT/STROBE CHARGER board. They are protecting the battery and charger board from any spikes. This chip is connected to the third (middle) pin on the battery (one diode) and on the BATT/XEXT (the second diode). They use those MAZT082H08S0 (you are right they are 8.2v and it is SOT23) all over the design for protection. Before removing the chip (MAZT082H08S0) the camera did not accept the battery, it was reporting that the battery is not infolithium battery. Testing the BT-006 board, I found the shorted zener that was connecting the BATT_SIG pin from the battery to the ground, so the battery was not reporting its status and was rejected by the camera after few seconds I switched the camera ON.

I tested my battery with a different camera and it is OK. The charger works fine too, it is charging the battery now.

The high voltage (300v) is achieved with a charge pump on a cap. I already tested the charge pump and it is working fine, I got the right voltage measurements. My feeling is that the lamp itself is gone or the camera is not sending the STRB_ON signal anymore. Unfortunately, the service manual I have has no schematics for the flash unit so it is hard to find what type of lamp they use.

I found the unit at http://www.partstore.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductSKU=1099146&s=youramigo for ~56$ but I am not 100% sure that the unit is damaged.

Let me know your thoughts about this flash unit.

If I cannot fix the flash unit, I will replace the MAZT082H08S0 and install an external flash unit and problem solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ