electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Pioneer VSX-D912 Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tgdixon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: Pioneer VSX-D912 Help Reply with quote

OK guys, here is the situation. My receiver went out after a power surge, or at least I think it was. Power went out for a couple of seconds. All the rest of my electronics were fine though. Standby light just flashes. I was able to find a service manual for the D912-S, mine is a D912-K, but they seem really close looking at the schematics other that the -S is 220V input. Power is coming into and out of the the first Txfrmr and rectifiers fine. However I am not getting any voltage from the u-prosessor to engage the main power relay. This line actually measures 58 ohms to gnd at the u-prosessor directly with the xistor that energizes the relay removed from the circuit. That seems a little low for me. With no shorts detected anywhere, I jumped the relay, and still have nothing. I am suspecting the u-prosessor at this point. But hate to replace if there is more wrong. This is my first attempt at repairing one of these, have plenty of electronics experience, but no consumer electronics. So any help or hints would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has the correct service manual, would appreciate that as well.

Travis
tgdixon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its fixed. Looking through the service manual a little more I found that it has a DC-abnormality detection circuit that will shut the receiver down and cause the standby light to blink. Just had to hold down the enter key and advanced surround key and it reset. Glad I found this before I started ordering parts from Pioneer.
danmenke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I had the exact same problem you had, thanks for the instructions on how to fix it. I love this receiver and was really worried it was dead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия