electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Bose Lifestyle 48 problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jm99999999

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Bose Lifestyle 48 problem Reply with quote

Hi all

I am facing this problem of "Format Unsupported" in my Lifestyle 48 (Series II) media center. The media center does not play any type of disks. I can use my stored collection and AM FM only. Please help me.. I've been told that this problem can be solved by some software update.

Plz reply..
gary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ring bose customer services and they will send you an update disc, if that does not cure your problem the dvd drive will need to be replaced, unfortunately that means returning the unit to bose as the drives are no longer supplied to anyone including bose authorised service centres.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx a lot for the info.. I think I'll need to take the media center to Bose
jm11111111

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dissassembled the LS-48 media center and checked the DVD rom on my PC. the drive is not working.. So can I use a drive of some other company (of course using the bogy of the original drive)
gary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i asked the same question when i did the Bose training course and the answer i got was no, the firmware will not allow the unit to work in the same way, the drive is usually made by toshiba and is readily available, but if the standard toshiba version is fitted cds will not be recognised. the firmware is specific to bose.
jm11111111

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx gary once again

yes, ichecked out Toshiba drives..the same model has different firmware version altogether...so does that mean i can't use even that drive if it has got different firmware??
gary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

without the bose firmware the unit will not play cds although it according to bose it should play dvds ok, however the firmware updates are on cd so cannot be applied as the drive will not read them.
miketrix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: format unsupported! Reply with quote

I have been facing the same problem with my item as well. It will read compact disks (CD's), but will not read DVD's (FORMAT UNSUPPORTED!). After fumbling and messing with unit for an extended amount of time, and if I hold my tongue just right, it will finally play a DVD.

I contacted Bose, as it turns out I must have purchased my LS-48 from an unauthorized dealer so I shot myself in the foot as it is not covered under warranty. The cost to repair will be approximately $150, and 3 week turnaround time. At least this will include an 1-year warranty from the date of repair. I can live with that.

Oh yes, and do not do business with artofsale.net. They have cheap prices by selling gray-market items. They have ignored my requests to return merchandise, thus forfeiting their service agreement stated on their website. When I asked them why all the serial numbers were stripped off my products when they sent them to me, they did not answer…. Seems a bit fishy to me. I’ve been had.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry my bad english...
I have open my AV18 and i replace the original DVD by one made from LG. It works!!
sikorsky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: firmware 321 Reply with quote

Does anyone has the european version of the firmware? My e-mail is [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия