electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KP-53S25
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccastlej

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Sony KP-53S25 Reply with quote

I have a sony KP-53S25 that only stays in standby, and will not power up. When I plug it in, it sounds like a relay energizes, and a piece flashes. I'm not sure what that piece is, but I thought the schematic symbol looked like a cap. It does the same thing when I push the power switch to on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the # of the cap?

there is a resistor and cap that will cause a similar symptom. once replaced the tend to repair it.
im sure your aware this is a fairly old set (10+ years)
mccastlej

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Sony KP53S25 Reply with quote

It was a neon lamp instead of a cap. I figured out it was going into protect mode, the fault was making the relays not stay on in the power supply. I checked over, and replace the HOT, although from forgetting to set my meter to the correct setting, I replace a good HOT. I finally took it in to a shop, and so far they are telling me that a few transistors are bad. I should know more on it soon. Thanks a bunch though!
Starbai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: stand/by constantly blinking Reply with quote

just wondering why this would happen no signs of fading or the tv about to die. Just got home and it wont turn on, its constantly in standby mode. Strange thing is that it was working perfectly fine this morning about 8 hours ago.......any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks
Danny
sony junky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: KP53S25 Reply with quote

I got this Sony TV for free and got (1) - the middle tube out of the 3 tubes replaced. After a week of using the pic became blurry on the right side of screen- left as we looking at the TV. The image appears with shadow only on one side of the screen; the rest of screen is fine. In case of an alphabetical letters the letters have shadow. The TV repairman said that he need the remote control to fix the problem. I wonder what is the exact cause of the problem. Anybody know solution to this please advise.

Very appreciated
my 1996 Sony

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony KP-53S25 Reply with quote

mccastlej wrote:
I have a sony KP-53S25 that only stays in standby, and will not power up. When I plug it in, it sounds like a relay energizes, and a piece flashes. I'm not sure what that piece is, but I thought the schematic symbol looked like a cap. It does the same thing when I push the power switch to on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My sony KP-53S25 TV randomly began doing this same thing. I turn it on and it just flashes on standby. We had a repair man come in and he suggested that he needs to fix the Arrow transformer. I would rather buy this part but can't find any place that can even quote me a price.
Question Any help?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony KP-53S25 Reply with quote

mccastlej wrote:

I have this exact same problem with the same tv.I found what looks like a bulb to be broke under one of the lenses thats sparking when I plug it in.How do I get a new bulb or whatever this lightbulb looking thing is?Any way to find a part #?
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony KP-53S25 Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
mccastlej wrote:

I have this exact same problem with the same tv.I found what looks like a bulb to be broke under one of the lenses thats sparking when I plug it in.How do I get a new bulb or whatever this lightbulb looking thing is?Any way to find a part #?

Rebuilt only. Contact http://www.videodisplay.com/
Hello

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Sony KP 48v75 that flashes the standby light continuosly when plugged in AND when I pwr it up there is no picture and a burning smell. One day I turned it on and heard a strange sound and saw a blue color on the screen and then it went dead. Now as I stated above the standby light just flashes... Would this be related to the "convergence chips." CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
hello

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help Please Arrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия