electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
sony kp-53s25
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccastlej

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: sony kp-53s25 Reply with quote

I have a sony kp-53s25. It only stays in standby. When I first plug it in a relay in the power supply section clicks, then over by the one of the flyback transformers there is a neon light that just flashes for a split second. When I try to power it up, it does the same thing. I cannont get this TV to do anything more than that. The standby light will flash when it is plugged in, but nothing more.
mark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a HV problem.
thats an AP chassis isnt it? that top board being the 'N' board?

this is a 10+ year old set, if memory servces. it may be on the edge.
these sets are starting to fail now, and some parts are NLA.

but it sounds like your HV circuit is in need of some help.
mccastlej

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Sony KP53S25 Reply with quote

It is actually a 9 year old set, it was made in 96. It is a RA-1 chassis. It would go into shutdown mode, or protect mode, whichever you want to call it. I was thinking the HOT was bad, but it wasn't. I believe the convergence IC's are good, both of the fuses for that board are good. There isn't a N board in this thing. I did get the service manual for it, and I'm not bad on my tronics, but it has been 11 years since I've worked on a TV, and I definately wasn't working on anything this new when I was. I did finally take it in to a shop, they are supposed to tell me what to replace. I will repost back on here what I find out. Thanks a bunch!
mark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK ra1...
your right....

there is a cap around the HOT that shorts...
but since you took it in im sure they will let you know id thats the case.
GLEN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOUNDS LIKE I MAY HAVE THE SAME FAULT WITH MY 8-YEAR OLD KV29F1D (BE-3D CHASIS) BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS. I AM STILL WORKING ON MINE. PLEASE POST IF YOU HAVE A SOLUTION. THANKS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have KP-53S25 that was manufactured in 9/96. Recently, the picture got some horizontal bands from top to bottom even on the menu items. The TV was fine and it suddenly happened when I hooked up my MacSense USB Wireless 802.11b Network device to an old iMac in the same room. I think this was a coincidence that my wireless worked and my TV went haywire. Just want to mention it just in case there is someone that had similar experience. Anyone knows how to resolve my horizontal bands problem? Thanks.
Richard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, forgot to put my name, Richard, for the above post.
Jason

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: sony kp-53s25 Reply with quote

I'm working on a KP53S15 right now. It does the exact same thing. But the thing is if I disconnect to U Board from the M Board (On a hinge-like connector) the set turns on. It turns on but without the tuner and all of the RCA and S-video connections - of course. All of these are on the U board. I heard the IC's go bad on both of these boards. I already replaced the CXA1477AS on the M board with no luck and now I'm going for the CXA1855S on the U board. Hopefully this does the trick. One thing to look out for on these sets are the resistors frying under the convergence IC heatsinks.
guest2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony KP53S25 Reply with quote

mccastlej wrote:
It is actually a 9 year old set, it was made in 96. It is a RA-1 chassis. It would go into shutdown mode, or protect mode, whichever you want to call it. I was thinking the HOT was bad, but it wasn't. I believe the convergence IC's are good, both of the fuses for that board are good. There isn't a N board in this thing. I did get the service manual for it, and I'm not bad on my tronics, but it has been 11 years since I've worked on a TV, and I definately wasn't working on anything this new when I was. I did finally take it in to a shop, they are supposed to tell me what to replace. I will repost back on here what I find out. Thanks a bunch!

I have a kp41s25 (ra-1 chassis) and have the same problem also! I thought sony was good. Sad Anyway I've looked at the G board and E boards and nothing looks burnt at all. I'm in the process of probing around to see where the excess load is that seems to be tripping the protect circuitry.

Mccastlej, if you're still here, did you find anything out at all at the shop?
guest2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason,

When you say you disconnected the U board, did you get any raster?

I wonder why you would have to replace anything from the M or U boards?
They just control the signals that go to each of the 3 crt's, which are rather low in power requirements, compared to the E board and H flyback.

-Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия