electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA CTC203CX - no video (no picture) but has menu and sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: RCA CTC203CX - no video (no picture) but has menu and sound Reply with quote

RCA TV F32665 has raster and menu appears on screen and works perfectly fine, sound is ok, but NO video (i.e. no picture). Air/cable channels can be switched - sound always comes in, but no picture. Same result when using the video IN (e.g. a DVD source). Obviously a video-path issue.

This appears to be a very common problem for RCA chassis # CTC203CX also ATC113CA1 etc. Found many similar posts on the web/forums, yet no solution.

Please post any specific tips or remedies that you know of. EURAS seems to have the answers, but is paid-only access. Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm thinking of the right chasis, check the I/O board and associated panel to panel connections.
stelling5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: RCA CTC203CX - no video (no picture) but has menu and so Reply with quote

pls find the tuner and look the b+ and use tester and calculate the b+ plus of tuner. if there is no output votage look a resistor or fusable risitor and re soldering the b plus of tuner.
vik

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
If I'm thinking of the right chasis, check the I/O board and associated panel to panel connections.

I suspected that too. Forgot to mention that I already eliminated (plugged-out) the I/O board altogether and disconnected the PIP module as well. Still, the problem persisted for the air/cable channels…

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check vertical IC and change Related caps. fixed this problem last night. on mine.
vik

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Check vertical IC and change Related caps. fixed this problem last night. on mine.

Vertical?? - That's not the case here. As I mentioned, the OSD (on screen menu) and raster appear perfectly fine...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: RCA CTC203CX - no video (no picture) but has menu and so Reply with quote

vik wrote:
RCA TV F32665 has raster and menu appears on screen and works perfectly fine, sound is ok, but NO video (i.e. no picture). Air/cable channels can be switched - sound always comes in, but no picture. Same result when using the video IN (e.g. a DVD source). Obviously a video-path issue.

This appears to be a very common problem for RCA chassis # CTC203CX also ATC113CA1 etc. Found many similar posts on the web/forums, yet no solution.
"cambien el regulador de la placa de video input esta no se encuentra
con su voltaje adecuado" como vemos es una pueta de control para las diferentes entradas de video por "Camatron"

Please post any specific tips or remedies that you know of. EURAS seems to have the answers, but is paid-only access. Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: RCA CTC203CX - no video (no picture) but has menu and so Reply with quote

vik wrote:

"Camatron" hola vik yo tenia el mismo problema y encontre la verdadera solucion y es esta , la señal de broad cast no funciona porque ell comutador de Video no esta trabajando y eso es por la falta de B+ en el circuito esto lleva un regulador de 1.5 amp variable cambialo y tedras la solucion envia a [email protected] si te sirvio de algo.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No video, OSD and Audio fine.

U18101 on PIP module, 3.3 v regulator, #214704

Q26902 on Comb Filter module. Part # 215495

resolder R127 smd on the pip module
esteban

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: no video issue Reply with quote

Here is the an apparent fix for the no video issue from a tech.

Remove and resolder L14401

tried to include link to the schematic and fix, but got blocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия