electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Jensen 4 channel car amp stuck in protect mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Granulated

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Jensen 4 channel car amp stuck in protect mode Reply with quote

Anyways, I got this amp for free. It's a 4 Channel Jensen Amp. 600 watts, model number is a600hlx.

The guy that gave it to me said it is stuck in protect mode. Whenever the amp is turned on, the protect light comes on, and nothing else can be done. I have yet to power this up, but I'm gonna do it tomorrow to verify.

I have no idea where to start looking. I thought I might have smelled something when I opened the amp, but I'm not sure. Nothing looks burnt.

Two of the LED legs MAY have been touching...I bent them a little farther apart, and I have yet to test it after this. I think this might be able to cause protect mode, but I don't know how they would have bent inside the metal case...

Pictures are quite large, linking will save the tables!

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
bking777

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: jensen amp Reply with quote

could you please tell me the color codes of r61 and r63 on your jensen amp, mine are burned off
[email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monotonic influence!trailed eschewing appetizing?garnered simulators parole

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason the protect may engage are failed output transistors. Test all of these with your meter first before powering it up or you may do more damage. Test the smaller ones while you are at it, I think there are some on the underside of the board. You should be able to download the datasheet for each type of transistor to know the leg configuration. Check the large resistors near the outputs, both legs should be 0.22 ohms. Is the fuse the correct size and type? If all of this checks out good, look at the voltage boost circuit and the supply.

Let us know what you find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия