electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Rca Tv Picture dead-makes a shrill high pitched sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Rca Tv Picture dead-makes a shrill high pitched sound Reply with quote

I have an rca tv approx 4 years old and whenever the tv is plugged in ,
it makes a high pitched noise and the power button has no function the screen is blank and the normal sound does not work
md60

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squeal is caused by power supply being overloaded. Most common problem is shorted horizontal output transistor, usually Q4401. If transistor fails again after replacement, suspect bad flyback. If you give model / chassis #s I can probably get you replacement part #s.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Ive searched... Reply with quote

Ive searched these forums and this is the closest I could find to my problem. my model # is f36649 and my chassis # is ctc203ca5. its an rca entertainment series. If this is the problem what would cause it? Thanks
Kev.
zalds

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the supply voltage is carrying a large current so its squeel check all the ckt for the suuply voltage [115 -135] what ever to all where thw b+ go through sample diode like r2m high voltage protector ,flyback,horizontal output,yoke,high voltage capacitor[mylars]error voltage ampfor the opto ....all the parts that the b+ is connected
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия