electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KP-46V25 Projection TV Won't Power On
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Sony KP-46V25 Projection TV Won't Power On Reply with quote

I picked up an old Sony KP-46V25 projection TV today that won't power up. When I plug it in, the standby light blinks on and off, but if I hit the power button, I can hear a click but then nothing happens (standby light stays off). When I hit power again, there's another click and the standby light blinks again. I opened the back of the TV and the fuse by the power cord is not blown. There doesn't appear to be anything obviously fried on any of the boards either. Does anyone have any clue as to what is wrong? Thanks for your help!
ryanc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just spent about 15 minutes looking at the G board with a blank stare, as if I looked at it hard enough, I'd figure out what the problem was. I popped the board off its clips and saw what appeared to be a "thing" (resistor? capacitor? 50w 15uh? this is how much i know about this stuff) that was soldered to the back side of the board by where it said R662. The guy I got the tv from said they had it repaired once before, maybe that was it? Not sure if that gives anyone any clues. I downloaded a service manual and it's all (mostly all) greek to me. Help would be greatly appreciated! I know if I can get some guidance, I can probably get this thing fixed myself. Thanks!
ryanc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody has any advice on how to fix this?
ouluvme

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem with a sony kp 48s65
shelby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: kp-46v25 Reply with quote

did you ever find out what was wrong. I have this tv and the same thing happend last week. How do I fix it.
Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check R609, R610, R611, R612
shelby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is expensive to replace?
Frank

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not say replace i've sad check.
mitsubishi70addict

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a similar experience right now with my mitsubishi 70" rear projection tv. it just turned off while i was watching it. when i hit the power button it makes a clicking noise but nothing else happens.

maybe the solution to your problem is the same as mine. Rolling Eyes
shelby

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a solution? I don't know anything about tv's or how to fix them. I am trying to do this the cheapest way possible. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия