electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC XV-THA30 DVD Surround Receiver Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: JVC XV-THA30 DVD Surround Receiver Problem Reply with quote

Hello Techs
I have a JVC home threater model XV-THA30, upon power up, the front displays "wait" and you cannot do anything on the dvd. everything works ok if you then goto source and select the tuner, aux input etc, it only happens if you switch on or back to dvd then the above happens. Has any one come across this baby before? It appears to be a stock problen, as I have seen the exact same fault on the Freelist bulliton Board. All the rails to the DVD section are on spec' with the exception that the Heatsink for the DVD PSU is running far hotter then I think it should be. If you manually eject the the DVD Drawer, and tghen start her up, she will then load it and spin up the disc, but then just sits with "Wait" showing on the display. No ejection is then possible unless you manually do it.

Cheer's

Graham

Email: [email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can i program my remote for my XV-THA30 for my tv. thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: JVC XV-THA30 DVD Surround Receiver Problem Reply with quote

I remember when these first came on the market and we had several faulty units that were sold to customers and a couple of new ones were removed from the box and tested. All were returned to JVC but as far as I can remember the fan was failing and they ran too hot resulting in errors/lock-up. Sometimes the fan would not turn unless you turned it manually first and if it was turning it could be stopped by a finger and would not restart unless it was again pushed manually (voltage was being supplied to the fan). If out of warranty I would replace with a good reliable fan for cooling but I am not sure if the fan was removing hot air or blowing cool air into the unit as no other slots were in the cabinet.
Incidentally the customers who had the faulty units chose alternatives and stock ones were credited as jvc were dragging their heels.
The cabinets never had much ventilation other than this fan slot.
Hope this is of some help.
Another Guest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a JVC TH-A30 ... nd I experience the same problems.
The fan will not start even if I try to give it a push with my finger.
How much are these fans or form,fit, function replacements? Are they available?
Another Guest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: TH-A30 Reply with quote

Its me again. I got the fan going. Sounds like an old kawasaki dirt bike.
DVD drawer still will not open.
Mr Simpson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: JVC TH-A30 power problem Reply with quote

My DVD-player shuts down after a few seconds. Has anybody got the same problem? I've already disassembled the player and found a resistance burnt (nr PR411). Only now I have to find out where and how to get this part. Does someone have an idea or maybe a schematic/partlist with which I can determine and order the part?
another guest

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: JVC TH-A30 i've had enough Reply with quote

That's it, it's garbage can fodder now... I spent more on repairs on this unit than the actual purchase price. The first repair was about 6 months out of warranty and JVC were not sympathetic (worse part was that we had moved and the unit wasn't even used for the first 8 months!). What a false savings this was. Last night the darn thing would just stay on WAIT. I couldn't get the DVD out. I'll upgrade to some other home theatre unit but definitely not a JVC, if only out of spite.
Mr Simpson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: JVC TH-A30 i've had enough too Reply with quote

I think I've read enough. I guess I'll accidentaly let it slip through my fingers when I'm walking across the bridge and a truck with bad brakes is just about to pass, containing a lot of and steel. Of course followed by collegue truck containing even more heavy shit ...... and so on .....
Lets grab a beer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия