electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
SONY KV-X2562U no colour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: SONY KV-X2562U no colour Reply with quote

Hi
I live in England and I have got old TV Sony kv-x2562u.
I would like to know what colour system it uses(PAL,SECAM,NTSC)or automaticaly recognises signal?In the menu I can not find option to change manualy systems...
The TV working good with cable TV,aerial,video player,DVD...-there is a colour picture.But when I connect it to satellite receiver(which is from abroad and dont know its system,probably is PAL) there is no colour(B&W pcture and sound)Other my TV-s worked with satellite.
What is the system in the UK?
Any idea?
Thanks in advance.
jond1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK TV system is PAL-I. and it is UHF only.
The continental Europe countries that have PAL system use -BG or -DK.There are VHF and UHF stations. Video is compatible on all these PAL variants, but the UK type uses a different sound freqency.
If you are receiving black and white only, you could be receiving signals from the French TV system which is SECAM. [code]
evh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jond1 wrote:
UK TV system is PAL-I. and it is UHF only.
If you are receiving black and white only, you could be receiving signals from the French TV system which is SECAM. [code]

Any SAT channel I receive on the SONY is B&W and the sound is MONO.The same channels on the other my TV-s are colour and stereo.
I've got schematic diagram and chasis is AE-2.I tryed any changes in the service menu but no any changes.
gary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOUND FROM THE SAT WILL ONLY BE IN STEREO IF CONNECTED VIA SCART LEAD AS UK STEREO SYSTEM IS NICAM, SAT RECEIVERS AND VIDEO RECORDERS DO NOT CONTAIN A NICAM ENCODER AND SO A SCART LEAD IS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A STEREO AUDIO SIGNAL. IF UNIT IS CONNECTED VIA SCART CHECK THAT AV SELECTION IS NOT SET TO S-VIDEO AS THAT WILL CAUSE B&W PICTURE.
evh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary wrote:
SOUND FROM THE SAT WILL ONLY BE IN STEREO IF CONNECTED VIA SCART LEAD AS UK STEREO SYSTEM IS NICAM, SAT RECEIVERS AND VIDEO RECORDERS DO NOT CONTAIN A NICAM ENCODER AND SO A SCART LEAD IS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A STEREO AUDIO SIGNAL. IF UNIT IS CONNECTED VIA SCART CHECK THAT AV SELECTION IS NOT SET TO S-VIDEO AS THAT WILL CAUSE B&W PICTURE.

I've tryed any inputs,connections and selections.When I put the signal through the VCR the result is the same-B&W,but if I record the same signal on the VCR and play it everythng is OK-there is a colour.Everything is very strange and I think something in the SONY have to be adjusted.Any of adjustments probably is on the edge...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия