electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung SV-5000w

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Samsung SV-5000w Reply with quote

It is 1 year old VCR. It is plugged in to 120 AC outlet. The outlet is working.

The following have been checked:
-Fuse
-looked for burnt out resistors or caps

After testing power testing following are result:

AL33V is at 15vdc
AL9V is at 15vdc
AL15V is at 15vdc
AL5.8 is at 15vdc
AL-15.5 is at 15vdc
AF+ is at 0vdc
AF- is at 0vdc

----------------------

input to AC26- 00001H

p1 is at 164 vdc
p2 is at 164vdc
NB1 is at 0 vdc
NB2 is at 0 vdc

Do guys think that AC26-00001H is component in question?
What else should I check for?
Why is 15v output on all outputs of AC26-00001H?

thank you,
Manny
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have the schematic right now, but number one problem in power supply is C34 (1000mf) cap which opens up & causes too much AC floating around the 12 volt line. results in a dead unit & if left plugged in for long, can damage R1p129 resistor & a zener closeby(can't recall the number). Have repaired many 5000w's .

Samsung's remedy was to increase the cap voltage (16V instead of 10V). While this fixes the problem, it only buys you time before it will fail again---insufficient design parameters. Use a 2200mf @ 16-25V. Have yet to see one come back.

Vtech
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REPLACE CAPS IN POWER SUPPLY C30 THROUGH C38.
themannyj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,

Thanks for great tip on fixing power supply issue. I will let you know soon as I get that board fixed...

I picked up another broken Samsung sv-5000 but with working power supply so i replaced the mainboard out with this one. Now, when i installed the transport (head assembly) and plug it ...it trys to move take-in assembly but it can't so end result it won't power up fully...

I tried two head assemblies and same result. I don't know what could be wrong because i seen one of head assemblies work with my own eyes day before.

one problem after another.....SV-5000w isn't too great....

thanks ...
Mani
themannyj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have replaced c30 to c38, R1p129 it still is not working still. More tips are welcomed... ( I did not replace ZD1P06 ZENER because i could not find that in three different electronic shops)

The replacement board is working fine now. The problem in it was display adapter was not pushed in fully.

In the working board I can hear ringing noise which tells me power supply is working.... The old board I do not hear that. I also read 120 volts ac (old board) at L1 where as I only read 60 votls ac on working board.

Do you guys think L1 could be the problem?

Thank you,
Mani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still waiting for reply . I did replace c30 - 38. It is still not working...any new hints.... please
csoldfield

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Samsung SV5000 supply failure Reply with quote

Hello, my Samsung SV5000 failed again, I suspect the power supply (for the second time). R1P129 looks like it smoked, as the PCB is blackened in that area. Does anyone know what value it is? What are the other components that fail typically when R1P129 fails? ZD1P06 look OK, but the previous failure ( 1 year ago) must have charred the PCB then. So somewhat confusing as to what is old/new failure signs.

thanks in advance, Clive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия