electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony CMT-CP101
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Homemade Q330 Reply with quote

I had the same problem of no sound with CP-101. Thanks to the list, I know that the problem was due to Q330 . However, I live in France, and it is very difficult to find a saler for DTC124EK or KRC103s.
Therefore I decided to make my homemade Q330. To that hand I used a very common NPN bipolar transistor, 2N2222A and two standard 22kOhms resistors. From the datasheets of 2N2222A and DTC124EK and, I made an equivalent to DTC124EK for less than 1 euro.
Now the board looks ugly with old style (non CMS) parts, but it works Very Happy (until now at least Wink )
G

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: transistor Equiv Reply with quote

Ref KRC103S Philips use KRC103M in videos (Vr630) which appear to be higher rated (though only what web sites say !) and not surface mount but easily fitted to space ,and under a pound if you can find someone with an account !
hope this helps :-}
jacky6519

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: sony cmt cp101 low audio levels Reply with quote

dar wrote:
I read this on Wednesday, ordered the transistor on-line as suggested, got the part this morning, replaced the transistor one hour ago. Sound fully restored - Thank you bluerobboman!

bluerobboman wrote:
Hi all,
First of all I confirmed that the Q330 power on muting transistor was at fault by substituting it with one of two others on the PWB namely Q308 CD on switch or Q304 Tuner On switch. The former restored full o/p power whilst the CD could not now be enabled. Static checks showed Q330 Base o/c having downloaded the data sheet for KRC103S I noted the device I removed was not marked correctly on inspection prehaps an equivalent ? Now to the interesting bit, being in the industry what a hard component to find ! That is if you don't wish to pay an extraodinary ammount from a certain Irish component supplier. Best results so far outside of SONY of course is a firm called Vision Aids KRC103S @ £3.44 each plus £2.00 P&P + VAT, Another option altough not tried out, is a pre biased transistor made by Diodes Incorporated in the Digi-key catalogue part number DDTC124ECADICT-ND @ £0.23 each plus P&P + VAT. looking at the circuit I personally cannot see any reason for such a high number of these devices to fail i.e. stress etc. Hope some of this helps Regds Rob.
jacky6519

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: sony cmt cp101 low audio levels Reply with quote

Hi can someone tell me exactly what you have to do to fix the sound problem on the CP101 sony, I have the same problem, first sound very quiet then blast, etc etc, please help. It is a christmas gift, and I need to get it sorted.

jacky6519 wrote:
dar wrote:
I read this on Wednesday, ordered the transistor on-line as suggested, got the part this morning, replaced the transistor one hour ago. Sound fully restored - Thank you bluerobboman!

bluerobboman wrote:
Hi all,
First of all I confirmed that the Q330 power on muting transistor was at fault by substituting it with one of two others on the PWB namely Q308 CD on switch or Q304 Tuner On switch. The former restored full o/p power whilst the CD could not now be enabled. Static checks showed Q330 Base o/c having downloaded the data sheet for KRC103S I noted the device I removed was not marked correctly on inspection prehaps an equivalent ? Now to the interesting bit, being in the industry what a hard component to find ! That is if you don't wish to pay an extraodinary ammount from a certain Irish component supplier. Best results so far outside of SONY of course is a firm called Vision Aids KRC103S @ £3.44 each plus £2.00 P&P + VAT, Another option altough not tried out, is a pre biased transistor made by Diodes Incorporated in the Digi-key catalogue part number DDTC124ECADICT-ND @ £0.23 each plus P&P + VAT. looking at the circuit I personally cannot see any reason for such a high number of these devices to fail i.e. stress etc. Hope some of this helps Regds Rob.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: sony cmt-cp101 Reply with quote

yes guys i to have that prob also is there a pic that i can dload as to where this transistor and jumper wire are connected on the main board so i know what to look for thanks and would someone like maplins stock that transistor and jumper wire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: CMT CP101 Reply with quote

Hi fellows,

Rather than have it fixed by myself, I'd like to ask Sony for having it done. Just to have a kind of waranty.
Would it be possible to have your mails and explanations in order for me to have some evidences to show to Sony.

Thanks a lot!
Here is my E-mail address: [email protected]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: sony cmt-cp101 Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
yes guys i to have that prob also is there a pic that i can dload as to where this transistor and jumper wire are connected on the main board so i know what to look for thanks and would someone like maplins stock that transistor and jumper wire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: cmt-cp101 sound problem Reply with quote

i experienced the same problem for the same time today after 4+ years of trouble free use.
came on here and wasnt relishing the thought of having to mess around with the circuit board, but after leaving the unit in cd mode on pause for around 2 hours, and the coming back to it, the problem had sorted itself out.
i was thinking maybe that the problem could be caused by excessive heat as the temperature is extremely hot today, and perhaps just leaving the unit to cool down for a bit sorts it out.
this is basically a warning to people for whom the problem has occured for the first time not to jump the gun and buy a new part for the circuit board straight away!
hope this isn't bum advice, and doesnt just apply to me!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I had a similar problem with my Sony system: it sometimes gave almost no sound at maximum volume but sometimes it also worked correct. So I thought, that the transistor Q330 is not gone after all and started by only replacing the jumper JW370 with a 470Ohm resistor. So far it works perfect and saved me the money and the hustle for getting the transistor Wink
Thanks for the hint.
Monika
dan of chester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

I have a CP101 also with the low sound output problem.
I did a temp fix today by substituting Q330 with the tuner's KRC103S (Q304). Thanks goes to bluerobboman!
Also added the 470k res.

Does anyone know if all of the sources use KRC103's? If so, does anyone know the number of the transistor for the two phono inputs on the back (otherwise known as MD input), I don't use them so willing to sacrifice.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия