electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips 28CL6770

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naffedoff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Philips 28CL6770 Reply with quote

The screen after a while begins to get a black wave at the right hand side which sometimes sqiushes the screen and causes the tv to turn off intermittently. bumping the tv seems to make it stop for a while. any ideas on how to fix this permanently?
JamesQB

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a loose/bad connector somewhere or far more likely a dry joint (bad solder joint, grainy appearance often with a ring visible in it - a crack or hairline crack).

If you know little about TVs, I would advise against trying to repair your own as there are many dangerous voltages present even after the set has been off for days in some instances.

Also, the 6770 is a high-end set with two PCBs chock full of components and lots of connectors, making it quite a job to dismantle to work on, and leaving lots to put back together in the correct way.

AlexH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Philips 28CL6770 - too nice to scrap. Reply with quote

Hello,

I have just brought down my tv from the loft, left it to aclimatise and turned on.

It worked for a moment then flashed (from the back of the unit) and went off. Now, I can only get it to standby - when I try to select a channel, you hear a small click on the speakers and the standby light flashes, but no pictures.

I strongly suspect that it was due to dust - I cleaned out thoroughly, but the problem persists, so I now suspect a component failure, most likely in the HT area.

However, I did notice that when I had tried to turn on the tv, I got static on the screen, which leads me to think that maybe its not the HT transformer, but one of the other image lines??? I also wondered if there were any fuses (I could only see one that I tested and unfortunately appeared ok).

Thoughts / ideas or is it off to the repair man?

Many thanks.
Alex
AlexH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Sorry, I posted as a reply..have copied to a new thread Reply with quote

Apologies..have entered my question under a new thread. (I think!)

Alex
AlexH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: More apologies. Reply with quote

It appears that my new thread has not appeared, so any advice on this one would be appreciated.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия