electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Audio/Video control center / dvd player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKOCHAMP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Audio/Video control center / dvd player Reply with quote

To anyone:
I have a Sony 'Digital Delayed Surround' Audio/Video Control Center. Whenever I turn it on, it immediately stops and displays PROTECTER, without even being attach to other equiptment (ie: speakers, VCR, DVD).

If anyone has any information on how to correct this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S.

I have a Norcent DP300 DVD Player, which is malfunctioning, the screen colour turns black and white, and skips up and down, continuously. Again if anyone has any information regarding this problem as well, it would be highly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
gary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

without knowing the model number of your sony system it is impossible to give more accurate advice than that the audio outut stage has a fault, probably a s/c output ic or transistor, if output stage is ic based removed the output ics one at a time until unit will power up correctly. if transistor based check each transistor indvidually out of circuit and remember if amplifier uses a dc coupled output stage more than one transistor will have failed.
TKOCHAMP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary wrote:
without knowing the model number of your sony system it is impossible to give more accurate advice than that the audio outut stage has a fault, probably a s/c output ic or transistor, if output stage is ic based removed the output ics one at a time until unit will power up correctly. if transistor based check each transistor indvidually out of circuit and remember if amplifier uses a dc coupled output stage more than one transistor will have failed.

Thank you ,the model number is STR-AV 920 hope this can help ,Thanks again . TKO
gary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as it is a north american model i have no info , sorry cant help beyond earlier post.
carcus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it may help all the sony surround sounds i have looked at were Whenever I turn it on, it immediately stops and displays PROTECTER
have always been dry solder joints on the main audio output PCB ...
when ive removed the main board and inspect it under a magnifying / lamp they are covered in dry joints all around the output components, the plug / socket connectors and most of the big electrolytic capacitors too .... so this could possibly be the same on yours ....
tnttmp99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: portable dvd repair training manual Reply with quote

I am interested in going in the repair field of portable dvd players,
where can I go to find basic information on dvd repairs? : :
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия