electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV27S10 Blanking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Sony KV27S10 Blanking Reply with quote

Hi, I have a '95 Sony KV27S10. Every few minutes the picture will blank out for a few seconds and then come back. I heard maybe G2 Adjustment will fix the problem temporarily.

I took the back off the KV27S10 but I can't find the G2 control.

G2 control should be directly on the Flyback Transformer? On this Flyback Transformer I only have 1 control pot for Focus.

I took picture

Does anyone know where is G2 control on KV27S10?

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: g2 Reply with quote

Do you know what a fly back transformer is? it't just behind it there are 2 screw plastic knobs it's the first one.coming from down up behind that metal plate.if you don't know electronics don't mess with it take it to a tech.
rcl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only see one plastic knob on the front side, it control focus
Where is the second knob?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try the tube base look for a wire coming from lopt.on a few sonys the cause of no picture or sound was a flat tube i boosted the tubes and the picture and sound were ok then
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is where your problem is...The G2 adjustment issue was mainly on the sets with both controls on the flyback (focus & G2)

As you can see there is no G2 on the fly---On this set, G2 is actually located on the CRT PCB (RV702).
rcl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I see now about RV702 from the G2 adjustment instructions in KV27S10 service manual. But I still can't find RV702 in the Schematic of the D Board.

Is it possible that this screw mounted on the metal plate is the G2 adjustment?

vtech

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.....NO NO...With all due respect, I was under the impression that you might be a technician... what you are showing is NOT an adjustment . It is simply the attachment screw that holds the horizontal output transistor & there are LETHAL voltages present--- Stop messing around or you are bound to get yourself electrocuted with a nasty schock Shocked Refer it to a qualified person.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree w/vtech. The most common problem is either bad solder conections on the verticle IC or the driver transformer. That black thing you keep taking pictures of runs 25k plus! That means about 25000 volts. It at the least will knock you on your a@@! If unsure, take the set in. Should be a fair repair. (Around $125 american.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия