electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
seagate hdd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polaret

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: seagate hdd Reply with quote

Hello i have a seagate 160gb hdd and i am try to put it as a slave to my pc can anyone help how can i do this without format and where i must put the jumpers ,my master hdd is WD .
Can i put it in the place of dvd rw
artico

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: EASY ADD YOUR SLAVE HDD Reply with quote

Easy, remove the jumper installed on your Seagate hdd, connect the WD on the extreme connector and the Seagate at the middle connector of the IDE cable.

Don´t forget go to your BIOS system and enable with AUTO all IDE HDD DETECTION/IDE DEVICES.

You can´t do anything on your master hdd.
ARTICO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: EASY ADD YOUR SLAVE HDD Reply with quote

Easy, remove the jumper installed on your Seagate hdd, connect the WD on the extreme connector and the Seagate at the middle connector of the IDE cable.

Don´t forget go to your BIOS system and enable with AUTO all IDE HDD DETECTION/IDE DEVICES.

You can´t do anything on your master hdd.
kazol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Can i put it in the place of dvd rw

You can, but the hd will work at the data rate of the slowest device on the same channel. That means if you have another cd\dvd drive on the same cable as the hd, the hd will work at the speed of the optical drive, which is prettey slow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия