electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PV-D4744S combo DVD VCR that does not power on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: PV-D4744S combo DVD VCR that does not power on Reply with quote

I have a Panasonic PV-D4744S combo DVD VCR that does not power on. I think it suffered a power surge during a storm. No obvious damage (not blackened anywhere or fuses blown). I have got 40V AC from secondary side. Makes a kind of squeal like the thing is trying to charge up or something then a squeal down when unplugged. Any tips or pointers? Thanks.
spadid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: I have the same problem - did you find any answers? Reply with quote

I have the same model and the same problem - did you find any answers?

Thanks
nicktina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Panasonic PV-D4744 Dead Reply with quote

Same problem here, any solutions or downloadable service manual?
blakphoenix

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: um Reply with quote

I had the same problem, and I ended up having to replace two components - D1041 (20volt 1watt zener diode) and PR1005 (1.5amp IC protector). Both are located underneath the dvd portion. I am still having troubles with the DVD portion not ejecting or reading at all, but I think that may have been something I did (possibly a loose connection). Just finished the installation of the new components tonight, actually, and was looking for help about the DVD reader. Best wishes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия