electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Isolation transformer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Isolation transformer Reply with quote

Hi Folks. I,m about to build an isolation tranformer from an old tube tv tranformer that i've got from a scrap yeard,
and connect it in conjunction with a Simple Series Power Limiter that i also built,put it inside the same box.
Now i'd like
your technical know how and help on this.Ok the transformer has INPUT-120v and three outputs, 126v,19v,17,now is it practical
to use this as a isolation transformer? also can i use a 2Mohms resistor from the primary to the secondary? and a 5 Amp fuse?also
could i use one of the other 17v.19v outputs to regulate the voltage? and build an ammeter?. THankyou in advance
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isolation txformer is basically a 1to1 ratio device that only seperates the two ground planes . Yes you can use the 126v tap as an isolated source as long as you do not exceed the current capability of the txformer.

Not sure I understand the bit about using other taps for regulation & to build an ampmeter? ---don't follow you. In general, a txformer can not provide "voltage regulation" of any kind by itself. You'd need some sort of control/feedback to achieve voltage regulation as in a SMPS (switch mode power supply)
alabri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: isolation transformer Reply with quote

Hi Frank,

I have built an isolation transformer with two identical tube TV transformer back to back. I am not sure your transformer is good because in the process of building my isolation transformer, I measured the output voltage of 7 old transformers. I get for 120V input, an output of 13V and an output of 350V on all 7 transformers. So my set-up is very simple: the 350V out from the first transfo feeds the 350V of the second transfo, and the output of the second transfo gives me the 120V I need.

I use this isolation transformer too feed my oscilloscope (50Watt)for servicing, and I should have made one before. It works fine!

I would like to send you a pic of this, but I don't know how to do...

Alain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия