electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Daewoo TV picture problem (picture is narrowed horizontally)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Daewoo TV picture problem (picture is narrowed horizontally) Reply with quote

Daewoo Tv ,Model - DMQ-2975, is having a picture problem that the sound is normal, but the picture is narrowed horizontally (on the width). And it's sides are curved. So would you please help me with what to do or check or change ?
DT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Daewoo TV picture problem (picture is narrowed horizonta Reply with quote

DT wrote:
Daewoo Tv ,Model - DMQ-2975, is having a picture problem that the sound is normal, but the picture is narrowed horizontally (on the width). And it's sides are curved. So would you please help me with what to do or check or change ?
DT
Change capacitor of H Out Transistor,it called damper C,replace it,it often dry because it too hot.
DT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice, but to be sure can you define the capacitor in the circuit & is it an electrolight or ceramic capacitor. And I have also found 2 big ceramic capacitors shorted near the flyback. So can u tell me which capacitor & what kind. And also what else it could be ?
DT
DT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice, but to be sure can you define the capacitor in the circuit & is it an electrolight or ceramic capacitor. And I have also found 2 big ceramic capacitors shorted near the flyback. So can u tell me which capacitor & what kind. And also what else it could be ?
DT
DT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's talking about an electrolytic capacitor, and it should be near the flyback transformer on the main circuit board. This is probably a blue or black tubular type fairly close to the horizontal output transistor. The horizontal output transistor is usually clipped or screwed to a heat sink plate right near the flyback. The flyback is the big plastic transformer with the long red cable with suction cup end which connects to the picture tube shell.

The problem with these capacitors is that the electrolyte paste inside them dries out with age. Professional servicers track these down with an ESR meter, but since you probably don't have one, you'll have to just change the likely suspects in the vicinity of the flyback and the horizontal output transistor. There aren't that many. The bad ones often spew some powdery stuff out their rubber bottom-end seals, around their leads,which helps to spot them. The good news is that they are very cheap to buy, try to buy a 105 degree C version if you can, those withstand more heat. Make sure you put them in with the correct polarity, i.e. the negative stripe or mark should be observed so you don't get them in backwards.
DT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dear thanks for your advice. But I think u r talking about an electrolytic capacitor but i don't think there's an electrolytic capacitor near the HOT transistor, which value it might be most of the time ? anyhow i will check. Until now What i found faulty equipments are I found 2 ceramic capacitors. 1 big & 1 medium ( 514K 500V & 683K 200v) they were shorted I a m going to check them. So now can u plz advice me that can they be the problem & also tell me more about the capacitor near the flyback Or HOT.
DT
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the picture go --- or l ? In other words up and down from top to bottom or a line in the center left to right?
DT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture is narrowed by left & right side. It is narrowed to the center. On top & bottom it's normal but on right & left sides it is narrowed ??
DT
Frank

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the tv has pincushin circuit? if so your problem is there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия