electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
50ux58b color problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simplyred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: 50ux58b color problem Reply with quote

my red went out tonight. is this just the bulb needing replacement? or is this a start to a bigger problem? I tried to do the magic focus and it stopped and showed a 3 at the bottom of the screen. I understand soldering and electronics, but have never worked on a rear projection tv before. any assistance will be appreciated.

also, on a side note. what would need I need to replace on this tv to make it perform like new again, like an annual type service?
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: 50ux58b color problem Reply with quote

simplyred wrote:
my red went out tonight. is this just the bulb needing replacement? or is this a start to a bigger problem? I tried to do the magic focus and it stopped and showed a 3 at the bottom of the screen. I understand soldering and electronics, but have never worked on a rear projection tv before. any assistance will be appreciated.

also, on a side note. what would need I need to replace on this tv to make it perform like new again, like an annual type service?

You have no red or the red convergence is off??? Double/triple images, blue green's ok??? When red and blue align on green it makes white. What's the problem again and the model #.
simplyred

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: 50ux58b color problem Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
You have no red or the red convergence is off??? Double/triple images, blue green's ok??? When red and blue align on green it makes white. What's the problem again and the model #.

blue and green are ok. just red is not working. i am hoping that this is just a bulb problem. the model is Hitachi 50ux58b.

this is my first projection tv and i do not understand the term convergence, i just know that when i press the magic focus button the alignment looked better.

any help on this problem and what i need to do to make my experience with this tv better is very appreciated. oh and again, i know my way around electronics and am not shy about tearing it down and rebuilding just to get more out of the tv.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 IC's STK392-150's that need to be replaced. Only one is out but replace them as a set.
simplyred

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks minnie, where can i purchase these ics?

also, i tryed something else just for grins and giggles... i swapped the red control board with the green board just to see if the colors swap. well the result shocked me, literally (laughing at self). but anyways, i still had my colors off, only this time when swapping the board back to their normal states all the colors were working fine again. so my tv is not on strike anymore. i still want to see what i can do to make this tv last longer.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.tritronicsinc.com
http://www.matelectronics.com/
Don in Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 50UX15K "Code 31" Reply with quote

The color's now fairly faint (but balanced), and no longer responds to the TV's picture control adjustments (brightness, tint, contrast, etc.).

The error code (after pressing POWER + AVX simultaneously) is Code 31. I've a downloaded service manual that appears to be complete (but difficult to read, it's a pdf version without a workable 'search' function), stating that I should: "check IC0001 operation".

Two questions:

1) is this likely something a handyman with pretty much just a soldering iron & simple VOM meter could fix without 'checking' (as I lack test equipment such as a CRT) by merely ordering replacement part(s) such as a replacement IC0001?

2) am I causing damage by ignoring the problem? It's a 15-year old set, I'm reluctant to put much money or time into it, but would like to postpone replacing it, and can manage indefinitely with faint colour and lack of brightness.

Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия