electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV-M2151U fluctuating colour to black & White
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krys_k

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Sony KV-M2151U fluctuating colour to black & White Reply with quote

My tv sporadicaly (and periodically) turns black and white and then for no apparent reason, it turns back to colour (oddly, when b&w, teletext and screen information remain in colour).

I have been variously told that it is:

1. The trimmer beside the pal decoder ic might need adjusting
2. Bad solderings somewhere in your telly
3. Problem is almost certainly a faulty deguassing posistor.
4. Bad joint LOPTx earth (this site)

I am not a technician, but would really like to get to the bottom of this problem - could anyone advise or help me out here.

Many thanks

Krys_k

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say it is the trimmer ct332 use a small screwdriver just tweak it a little
gary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: SONY TV Reply with quote

DONT TWEAK THE TRIMMER JUST TAKE IT OUT AND REPLACE IT WITH A 15pf 50V CAP, I HAVE DONE MAYBE 40 OF THESE AND RELATED SETS AND NEVER HAD 1 COME BACK.
Krys_k

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies.

I know zero about tvs - how do i locate the trimmer (to take it out) - are there diagrams available on the net? where could I purchase a 15pf 50V CAP?

Many thanks
Krys_k

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have identified the problem. its either bad soldering or a faulty component. When using a toothbrush I indentified one of two components that when tapped colour returned. I am not sure which of these two is the guilty party.

The first component was a flat, retangular box, with metal 'legs' running down both sides (aprox 5mm x 20mm). It was labelled

TDA4510
22 1220
DSD95098

The second (and i think more likely) was a black cylinder, aprox 30mm hight and with a radious of 8mm. It was labelled on one side:

(M) 85*C
4(2)
Nb

And on the other:

16 SME
2200 V
mF

Does this make sense? Is it one of these components, or am i missing a soldiering point? What should my next step be?

Many thanks for your help. I really appretiate it.
niino25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: SONY TV Reply with quote

gary wrote:
DONT TWEAK THE TRIMMER JUST TAKE IT OUT AND REPLACE IT WITH A 15pf 50V CAP, I HAVE DONE MAYBE 40 OF THESE AND RELATED SETS AND NEVER HAD 1 COME BACK.

hi you

i ve seen your message on the board what you did long time ago, I have the same problem, i just would like to know how i can find the bad capacitor if i take the TV apart !

thanks your reply

by

Niino
tockworth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have just come across this forum. I am a retired brown goods tech and have been working for a rental company for 35 years. We also had a sony agency.You can forget all the other postings Gary,s posting is correct 100% ct332 was always the cause. Although it seemed like a dry joint fault it is actually a failure of the trimmer although we used to replace the trimmer I know that replacing it with a 15 pf will definatly cure this problem
niino25

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tockworth wrote:
Hi
I have just come across this forum. I am a retired brown goods tech and have been working for a rental company for 35 years. We also had a sony agency.You can forget all the other postings Gary,s posting is correct 100% ct332 was always the cause. Although it seemed like a dry joint fault it is actually a failure of the trimmer although we used to replace the trimmer I know that replacing it with a 15 pf will definatly cure this problem

thanks very much for th reply

can i buy that CAP in the MAplins ? ( i don t know exactly what it is called)
or only e bay ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you can, the trimmer is identified on the board as ct332 it is a small component and identified with a tiny slot adjuster on the top of this. You will be replacing this with a capacitor which is a different component but has two legs to solder through the board just as the trimmer.At maplins ask for a ceramic 15pf 50v capacitor it will just be pennies. Do make sure you are competant to solder and fit this component if not ask someone who is. Leave your TV off for a day before repair to make sure it has completely discharged.Good Luck
tockworth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The previous post was mine forgot to log in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия