electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Power Switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManualDirectory

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Power Switch Reply with quote

Just a little advice, i have a machine and now and again the power button on the front of the case sticks in, can this damage motherboards?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so.

Have you tried CRC?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could what's happening with the boards are they dead or stopping during bios post. The reason i think a power button on an ATX system could damage motherboards is i have had a few board myself fail, these were new boards AM2.

James
ManualDirectory

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has been happening is i had a tiny celeron d setup that i had cheap, after a few weeks it died so i put in an athalon x2 system replacing the power supply and everything else in the case.

After 3 weeks it was dead, so i sent the board back to the supplier and they confirmed it was dead and sent a new one.

With the new board in the machine it was working again but again after a few days it started playing up just after i got the power switch in the front of the case stuck it jams. I have since replaced the case with a new one and dont seem to have had any more problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия