electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Dead Dell 1025HE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dellish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Dead Dell 1025HE Reply with quote

I'm attempting to repair a Dell 1025HE 17" monitor (essentially a Nokia 447S) for a friend.

symptoms: no display - doesnt appear to be scanning, and the HT to the tube seems dead (going by the absence of static when powered up).

Degauss still works, the power LED operates as normal and the power supply seems functional, although a couple of the unregulated rails are running a little low: 15v reads 13.7v and 7v is showing 6v.

I've tested the LOPT out of circuit, and the primary is reading about .2 ohms <- is this a reasonable ball park figure for a healthy component?
There don't seem to be any short circuits within the LOPT from HT to LT side.

I also tested the horizontal ouput transistor out of circuit (BUH1215), which shows ~160 ohms either way across c-e and b-c, but only 1.8 ohm! either way across the b-e junction.
Does this consistute a dead HOT? I know they often include protection resistors/diodes which can skew results a bit when testing.

The cost of replacing the HOT is ~£15 just in terms of the component and delivery, so i'd like to be sure this is whats at fault before ordering up a replacement.

Any help received would be much appreciated.
njjunior

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dead Dell 1025HE Reply with quote

Dellish:
good day.
Have u solved the problem?
Mine can be worst, as I cant find a flyback to the Dell 1025HE 17" monitor (essentially a Nokia 447S). Old stuff isnt it?
Can u comment on where (homepage eg) I can find it?
Thanks,
Nelson.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия