electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Phillips Magnavox 60 inch 8P6044 C101 picture problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkay23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Phillips Magnavox 60 inch 8P6044 C101 picture problem Reply with quote

Hello all, I just recently had a blue gun cooling fluid replaced and reinstalled in the TV. Picture was great and two days later, while watching TV, I heard a few loud pops, which i though were the speakers. The next day, the TV had sound but no picture. The day after that the picture was fine again, but later on that night I also had sound and no picture.

Could anyone please tell me what may be wrong with the TV? Is this the TV repair man's fault when he reinstalled the tube or is something else wrong? Please let me know and thanks for your help!
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably didn't get a good seal on the blue crt when he changed the fluid. Look around the blue tube for fluid. If you see it which sounds like you will, yes it's his fault. Then ask why he didn't change the fluid in the green tube. Red doesn't grow the gunk. FYI.
mkay23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see any fluid on the circuit board or anything around the blue tube. Any other ideas? Could it be that a circuit popped or something? If so how expensive would the be to replace do you think? Any help is appreciated and thanks!
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was just out you should have at least a 90 day warranty.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he was only contracted to fix the blue tube fluid and replace. However the TV did work fine before he got it minus the glare. Could it be a blown circuit and if so, how much would that cost to fix, and would he have to pay part do you think?

I am really looking for what someone may think could be the problem with the TV in terms of having sound but no picture or a picture that comes on half the time and not the other half. Sound is always on though. Thanks for the help and suggestions!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been told that something may be wrong with the power supply? It should be noted that I hbelieve a little fluid inside the blue tube leaked out onto the board. I cleaned it up twice with 95% alcohol and cotton swabs (once and then four days later), but perhaps this could be the issue also? Please let me know your thoughts and thanks for the help!

Best
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
He probably didn't get a good seal on the blue crt when he changed the fluid. Look around the blue tube for fluid. If you see it which sounds like you will, yes it's his fault. Then ask why he didn't change the fluid in the green tube. Red doesn't grow the gunk. FYI.

If fluid is or was on any board it's done. Sorry. Been there done that. 90 Warranty. All I can say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия