electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung TV (SP42W5HFX/XEU) - Convergence Problem
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigLes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Samsung TV (SP42W5HFX/XEU) - Convergence Problem Reply with quote

Anyone with any advice on how to fix convergence problem on a SP42W5HFX/XEU rear projector tv?

Can't align blue using the standard menu and the shadows/distortion make viewing hopeless (blue shadows and warping). Can't align the crosshairs on top row no matter how hard I try.

Suspect may need replacement part/repair but I'm a complete novice (and skint) - phoned one engineer and they want 100 for a call out and from what I've told him he reckons bill will be about 150

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks. Does this sound like something a novice could attempt?

(Apologies for repost; posted in service manual forum 1st)
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace your convergence IC's. I'm guessing they should be STK392-040's.
BigLes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply Minnie. Much appreciated.

I'm more than willing to have a go at changing these myself, but as someone who hasn't played about with electronics before, is this a simple enough task to take on? I've just tried an internet search for an 'idiots guide with pictures' but haven't come across anything... yet. I'd love to think it is a case of 'unplug and plug' but I suspect there'll be a little bit more to it than that.
BigLes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had a look at the back of the TV through the vents with a torch, (haven't taken the back off yet!) there are 2 of these IC's with the code STK392-040 (B2K18).

Looks like I can get these fairly cheaply so I would love to think I can do this repair myself and save a small fortune.

They look like they are fixed with 2 screws each - is there any other 'work' involved?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsolder the pins underneath. Then resolder them. Both IC's. About 18 pins/IC? Never bothered to count.
BigLes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Minnie.

I'll order the IC's now (Can't believe difference in price from Samsung dealer site... they quote a price 7 times higher than quoted elsewhere on net) - I'll let you know how I get on with my first ever electrical repair...

I'll be delighted if this repair works and save's me well over £130+ against the price quoted on phone today.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your in there, check the resistors around the IC's to see if any look burnt.
Trishy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Same Samsung, same problem Reply with quote

Thank the person who invented forums.
I have the same problem with mine and have just ordered 2 new IC chips.

Are they easy to replace? Would be thankful for any tips on how....

I have been quoted 180 for repairs so if I can do it myself Laughing

I would be pleased.
jtuk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Service Manual Reply with quote

Can anyone email me the service manual? Thanks in advance!
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Service Manual Reply with quote

jtuk wrote:
Can anyone email me the service manual? Thanks in advance!

What do you need the esm for? "Service manual"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия